Diesel chipping

cocker147

Reaction score
Hi

just got my a3 140 tdi sport chipped!!

I have been thinking about getting my car chipped for a while (about a year) and finally after much research i went and got it done with a company called motechperformance from the northampton area.

After speaking to the owner of motech, a guy called mike he convinced me to go ahead, mike told me off the record that he was infact chipping brand new cars for 3 audi dealerships and he had just chipped a new Audi R8 a couple of weeks ago, i thought if someone was gonna have a new R8 chipped why was i worried about my secondhand A3!!

Anyway i live in hull and drove down to Motech's place, i managed 49 to the gallon on the way down and still cant get my head around the fact i got 52 to the gallon on the way back.

Car was producing 140bhp before and now its producing 180bhp and its more economical, staggering.

I would recommend having it done, the car is just miles better, so much more responsive and has got more of a turbo whistle to it, i have come on here to give mike's company a plug because he really was spot on and is an expert on chipping vw/audi cars

check out his website www.motechperformance.co.uk and it cost me £300

if your thinking of chipping your car i would give him a call and just have a chat with him

Audi A3 140 Sport diesel, 3 door, Brilliant Black

i'm currently looking for an A3 140tdi and would definietely be chipping it.

i was just wondering if anyone on here has got rough estimations of performance figures after a remap

0-60 and top speed would be good, i know it doesn't always show a fair representation of a cars performance but it gives me an idea of what to expect

the main reason for the question is i've just sold my 306 gti-6 and don't really want to get bored with the performance of the Audi

thanks

tim

Hi

i used to have a brand new 306 gti 6 in that strange gold colour and i loved it to bits, having owned both cars the 0 to 60 doesnt give the right indication.

Yesterday on the way home was on a back road, low revs, tootling in fifth gear at about 1800 revs and wanting to overtake 2 cement lorries (live near a cement factory) in the 306 i would have dropped it to fourth maybe even third but in the audi i just kept it in fifth and she flew past them, the torque is just so impressive

hope that explains?

The chipping was done via a laptop by the way

it feels quicker then?

i loved the 6 but we don't need 2 cars in the household and i'm looking forward to seeing double the mpg!!!

Glad you're happy with it mate, and welcome to the forum.

My dad has a 52 plate Passat. I think it's the 130 PD 1.9 and he's thining about getting it chipped for the economy. I'll pass on your results to him :o.k:

great idea if ur insurance co willlet you chip your car - i'm dying to get a blufin for my 170 to turn it into 200+bhp but they won't ****** let me!!!!!

Name and shame!!!! RSA!!! buggers!

Diesel cars do respond really well to being remapped, the torque is amazing. We used to have a 306 GTi-6 in the family and i still stand by the fact that it is probably the best hot hatch ever but that worked well when you took it up the rev range whereas the diesel will use its torque to drag you along in most gears and from very low down. Cocker147's example is spot on in fact.

what sort of top speed could i expect from a 140tdi chipped?

with 180hp, approx 141mph, 0-60 ppprox 7.5
full blown 240 hybrid approx 155 0-60 approx 5.5-6 secs

thats really impressive, on par with the gti-6 along with much better midrange and mpg!!

thanks, i'll keep searching for my new car!!

Question....

will chipping a 140 DSG do any damage to the gearbox?

Mine was chipped ages ago by superchips.
Brill would use them again... If you haven't yet justdo it ... You won't be dissappointed

dsg gearbox is regularly used for 3.2 turbo applications in germany up to about 410lb/ft or so, so the chipped diesel isnt going to trouble it at all.

What are the in-gear times after it's been chipped? 30 - 50, 30 - 70 etc. Also does it wheelspin a lot in 1st and 2nd gears???

Sorry to resurect this but Mike from Motech has just left after mapping mine and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Am amazed at the difference, more power and torque from far lower down, delivered incredibly smoothly and much wider band of power also.

Mike knows his stuff as well and cares about you being happy with his work.

@ wai-fan, might try some in gear timing for you!!