Diesel Pump part

Q5 TRS

Reaction score
Hi,

can anyone help me? im looking for the part number of my diesel pump so i can find a possible replacement cost.

Please see the pic for engine information. i cant seem to find what im looking for on etka.

carcodes.jpg

any help appreciated!

For a BFC engine on my version of ETKA the pump is listed as:

059 130 106 J

There are however three versions listed, ending J, JX & JV.

For a BFC engine on my version of ETKA the pump is listed as:

059 130 106 J

There are however three versions listed, ending J, JX & JV.

Thanks quattrojames, i predicted a speedy reply by you on this!

um, my etka says thats £3242.20 rougly. hmm. should be around £800 though right? for a new one i mean.

Mine says £3616 :drag:

In honesty fuel pump problems are (touch wood...) not something I've ever experienced. From what I understand £6-800 sounds about right for a refurbished pump on an exchange basis.

I think the model number is a VP44, but exactly what this refers to and how many different versions of it I don't know. It might be worth a PM to adamss24 if he doesn't pick up on this thread as I expect he would know and might be able to recommend somewhere.

What makes you think the pump might be at fault?

Mine says £3616 :drag:

In honesty fuel pump problems are (touch wood...) not something I've ever experienced. From what I understand £6-800 sounds about right for a refurbished pump on an exchange basis.

I think the model number is a VP44, but exactly what this refers to and how many different versions of it I don't know. It might be worth a PM to adamss24 if he doesn't pick up on this thread as I expect he would know and might be able to recommend somewhere.

What makes you think the pump might be at fault?

its with S-Cars at the moment having some checking done on lack of power. (turbo fine)

they did an emissions test on it, and it was coming back with 0.8 whatever readings are which is almost nothing compared to what the car should produce. (max is 3 i believe)

the mechanic tested air flow and all fine, seems like a fuel supply to the engine issue, ie no power or torque due to lack of fuel. also i dont get any black smoke from a kickdown as i used to.

he will change the fuel filter and flush the fuel lines tomorrow and if that still doesnt fix it, he suggested getting a diagnostic on the diesel pump. (though this was fine before cambelt problem)

i just hope its the lines not pump!

he will change the fuel filter and flush the fuel lines tomorrow and if that still doesnt fix it, he suggested getting a diagnostic on the diesel pump. (though this was fine before cambelt problem)

I think I've heard before of fuel pump problems following timing belt issues, whether adjusting the pump timing exacerbates it or something I don't know?

How did he get on changing the filter and flushing the lines today?

I think I've heard before of fuel pump problems following timing belt issues, whether adjusting the pump timing exacerbates it or something I don't know?

How did he get on changing the filter and flushing the lines today?

dont know, the mechanic was meant to ring me once he tried it, but havent heard back from him today. i dont even know if the part came in or what. ill be phoning them tomorrow lunch time if i havnt heard anything by then.

they did an emissions test on it, and it was coming back with 0.8 whatever readings are which is almost nothing compared to what the car should produce. (max is 3 i believe)
Hi
0.8 is an average sort of reading these days on cars after 2 revs my car will clear to less than 1.00
but these readings are purely MOT readings and are no way connected with testing a cars health
theres so many things you need to be checking as a competent garage before ordering up pumps .