Diesel Tuning Box

Anthony566 is my dad, I quickly drew these up tonight as that box doesn't come with any mounting brackets, I like things to look as OEM as possible. Going to get them laser cut/bent/powder-coated at work this week and try them, the top one will slot under the washer bottle mounts, and the other one mounts into the 2 redundant M8 holes found to the right hand side of the ABS module, there just quick tester parts at the min 1.5 or 2mm steel:

It means the wiring can be ran along existing routes too so no extra wires hanging around and the only one you will really see is the one plugging into the MAF.

Wow that's fantastic Tom :)

Once these are done Andrew I will do an install wright up and also so day in the life of numbers with my box.

Once these are done Andrew I will do an install wright up and also so day in the life of numbers with my box.

Great, give me a few weeks and I'll organise getting it onto the dyno at motoscope :)

Not sure how old your kit is and which map/setting you're running, but a guy on the a5 forum saw 424bhp from his s5 recently ..
Not complaining Andrew......... just the opposite, am very pleased!
I got this from you in January this year and have been running it on your factory set map since fitting it. I was thinking about now trying a different map. What do you suggest as my next step?

Not complaining Andrew......... just the opposite, am very pleased!
I got this from you in January this year and have been running it on your factory set map since fitting it. I was thinking about now trying a different map. What do you suggest as my next step?

Bob I'm sure he's running map 4 plus 2 or 3..

If you've not adjusted it that's like having a gorgeous blonde with mahoosive boobs and not touching her ....

Give us a call and well talk you through it :)

Bob I'm sure he's running map 4 plus 2 or 3..

If you've not adjusted it that's like having a gorgeous blonde with mahoosive boobs and not touching her ....

Give us a call and well talk you through it :)

I've just gone and set it to map 4+2 and will try it tomorrow. Will give you a call if I have any difficulties.
Thanks.

First of all we actually provide dyno figures to back up our claims, and our systems are of a higher quality.

ill be up front and send you to the manufacturer of our kits. Chiptuning von DTE-Systems: Leistungsoptimierung mit Klasse - Chiptuning DTE id suggest you ask our competitors who are actually manufacturing their kits as a lot are buying cheap kits from europe and adding a massive mark up on them.

How do I work out what one I need? It's a 2.0Tdi 170 dpf Oct 2008

They are close to home so I went and had a test drive with a box ... ended up spending 2 hours testing different maps and picked 4 I liked. One thing that I like is that you can post the box back and Andrew will update the maps if better ones come along. I am in the process of recording some with and without numbers from my car around mpg and 0 to 60 with a gps tracker not really scientific but more of an idea of the difference.

I'm a big fan of the Tunit, used them on numerous cars and only poitive results

audi_tt_20_tdi.jpg

results from our own 2.0 170TDI TT

That's huge Torque so early in the range. I take it that was the +3 setting? Looks like the clutch would be pushed transferring that.

How does the graph work?

The first two peaks you can see (going left to right) are your Torque figure, the second more linear pair are the BHP figure. Torque is a measured value and BHP is a figure calculated from torque & rpm. Essentially you can't measure BHP you can only measure torque and rpm.

simply: BHP = (RPMxTorque)/5252

judging by the wheel vs engine power I would guess that was a 4wd TT. For real world terms you should concentrate more on the WHP not the BHP. 4WD systems increase drivetrain loss, in simple terms a 200hp FWD car will transmit more power to the road than a 200hp 4wd car, obviously there are a whole host of other factors in real terms.

Andrew have you got any graphs with the lambda on?

Reactions: Liquidfusion-S3