Difference between 2015/2016 model

Reaction score
Hi just wanted to know if there was any variation between the 2015 and 2016 model RS3 ?

Hi just wanted to know if there was any variation between the 2015 and 2016 model RS3 ?
Apparently very early cars didn't have nav. There can't be much difference, though.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
Nav was an option in very early models. Some launch cars had weird spec like Carbon fibre inserts. Take a close look at K? 15 *** cars as many were launch cars and probably well rogered.

Reactions: VAG_Club001 and Rayner_1704
Apparently very early cars didn't have nav. There can't be much difference, though.

Nav became std late 2015 and believe model is described as RS3 NAV whereas the Cars registered Before October 2015 were Just Described as RS3

Nav became std late 2015 and believe model is described as RS3 NAV whereas the Cars registered Before October 2015 were Just Described as RS3
The standard SD Nav is pretty rubbish. Technology Pack with connectivity gives much better functionality and bigger screen. Was an expensive option but well worth it.

Did the 16 models have different tail lights ? They look led like in the facelift but without the sweeping indicators? I could be wrong

I find the RS3 section very helpful compared to the Some other sections cheers guys

Reactions: VAG_Club001, AudiNutta and Terminator x
Only difference between 15/16 models would be the interior rear view mirror. 16 year have a larger more square, slimmer design than the more round and bulky one fitted on all early model 8v’s.

New facelift ones are complete bevel-less and no switch button for the auto dimming.

Thanks all, all being well I should have bought one tonight. It’s
Nardo grey with black pack
SS seats , Tech pack, folding mirrors, elec seats, reverse camera, Dynamic pack exhaust and suspension.
20k miles.
Be a nice upgrade from my new S3 although I can’t fault the s3 fantastic little car

Reactions: T-800, DW81, jimojameso and 1 other person
SS seats , Tech pack, folding mirrors, elec seats, reverse camera, Dynamic pack exhaust and suspension.
20k miles.
Be a nice upgrade from my new S3 although I can’t fault the s3 fantastic little car

Fantastic! Can’t wait to hear the comments.

You can’t beat that 5-cylinder... as much as I loved the S3 with the box delete. The RS is genuinely hilarious. Just had a short 4 day break in Lanzarote, flying back today... so excited to drive the car tomorrow

Reactions: VAG_Club001, Rayner_1704 and DW81
20k miles.

Very similar to me, I picked mine up yesterday. 65 plate car with tech, dynamic pack, b&o in Panther Black/black alloys. 11k miles. Didn't have the S/S seats but not the end of the world, rest of the car was far too good a deal to pass up. Enjoy!

The exhaust is honestly one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard. I can't believe Audi got away with fitting it on a road car

Reactions: VAG_Club001, Rayner_1704 and AudiNutta
Very similar to me, I picked mine up yesterday. 65 plate car with tech, dynamic pack, b&o in Panther Black/black alloys. 11k miles. Didn't have the S/S seats but not the end of the world, rest of the car was far too good a deal to pass up. Enjoy!

The exhaust is honestly one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard. I can't believe Audi got away with fitting it on a road car
Is it actually that loud? Wasn’t sure if the sports catback would make a huge difference in loudness. If all goes well I’ll be ordering the secondary decat straight away

Is it actually that loud? Wasn’t sure if the sports catback would make a huge difference in loudness. If all goes well I’ll be ordering the secondary decat straight away
If you go for secondary cat delete you'll love it. I have some genuine Audi ones that were on my car for about 500 miles before I changed it...yours for £80!

Reactions: DW81 and Rayner_1704
If you go for secondary cat delete you'll love it. I have some genuine Audi ones that were on my car for about 500 miles before I changed it...yours for £80!
What did you change too ? And I’ll pm you later on

What did you change too ? And I’ll pm you later on
TTRS. Like it. But honestly, it doesn't get close to the noise of a pre facelift RS3.

Reactions: Terminator x and DW81
Yeah the Sports Exhaust is super loud, with bypass pipes I think you get a bit more volume and more pops and bangs. I'll eventually buy some but i'm just enjoying it for now.

Incidentally, does anyone know where I can get genuine Audi bypass pipes for PFL?

PFL sports exhaust here secondary decats and exhaust valves unplugged

Noise..... unbelievably loud. Abit of a drone but no biggie

Reactions: VAG_Club001
Yeah the Sports Exhaust is super loud, with bypass pipes I think you get a bit more volume and more pops and bangs. I'll eventually buy some but i'm just enjoying it for now.

Incidentally, does anyone know where I can get genuine Audi bypass pipes for PFL?
You can get them from your local Audi dealership. They have to order them in from Germany. I think I was charged about £156 inc vat off the top of my head. I'm selling mine for £80+postage.

You can get them from your local Audi dealership. They have to order them in from Germany. I think I was charged about £156 inc vat off the top of my head. I'm selling mine for £80+postage.

Mine is still under warranty so I'm not hugely keen in going into Oxford Audi and buying the pipes in case I ever need to take it in for warranty work. I could go to Tetbury, Newbury or Swindon I guess.

Are they easy to fit? Would you recommend Audi fitting them or will a local exhaust shop be able to do the same job?

Mine is still under warranty so I'm not hugely keen in going into Oxford Audi and buying the pipes in case I ever need to take it in for warranty work. I could go to Tetbury, Newbury or Swindon I guess.

Are they easy to fit? Would you recommend Audi fitting them or will a local exhaust shop be able to do the same job?
Easy to fit. I had MRC do it while they had the car in but it's 3 bolts one end and a metal sleeve bracket type thing the other end.

Reactions: DW81
Easy to fit. I had MRC do it while they had the car in but it's 3 bolts one end and a metal sleeve bracket type thing the other end.
Great, thanks. I grew up close to Banbury so might swing by MRC next time I'm there

I honestly wouldn't bother getting MRC to fit it. They charged £74 each time, for fitting and then removing! I only got them to do it because it was easy as I was there for the remap. I'm reliably informed it's easy to do yourself. Alternatively, I'm sure a local garage would do it much cheaper.

I honestly wouldn't bother getting MRC to fit it. They charged £74 each time, for fitting and then removing! I only got them to do it because it was easy as I was there for the remap. I'm reliably informed it's easy to do yourself. Alternatively, I'm sure a local garage would do it much cheaper.
Fair point. The chances of me doing it myself are a square 0% so I'll speak to a local exhaust garage.

Fair point. The chances of me doing it myself are a square 0% so I'll speak to a local exhaust garage.

Yes that’s your best bet, it’s a £30 job or a but the boys a burger at lunchtime job haha.

Can be done off of the floor, but ramp access would make life so much easier.

PFL sports exhaust here secondary decats and exhaust valves unplugged

Noise..... unbelievably loud. Abit of a drone but no biggie
I don’t think I could live with another car with drone , my 8P S3 with non-res with constant drone is enough lol

Order what exactly from Audi pls? Are you talking secondary de-cats?

I don’t think I could live with another car with drone , my 8P S3 with non-res with constant drone is enough lol
I hear what your saying mate but there is a much richer exhaust note heard now right through the Rev range, even the slow speed burbles and crackles in second gear are heard as the valves are open.
I plugged them back in recently and all I could hear was a faint beeping type noise controlling the valves. All tho faint I would always hear out for it:tearsofjoy:

Order what exactly from Audi pls? Are you talking secondary de-cats?

I imagine that is what doc is talking about mate secondary decats pipes. £80 is a Fantastic price mine were £147 with gaskets and new locking nuts from Crewe Audi.

I imagine that is what doc is talking about mate secondary decats pipes. £80 is a Fantastic price mine were £147 with gaskets and new locking nuts from Crewe Audi.
Sounds like a bargain and thanks mate. Just need to check warranty issues / claims in terms of nulling and voiding it

Sounds like a bargain and thanks mate. Just need to check warranty issues / claims in terms of nulling and voiding it

Secondary cat removal will void the engine warranty unfortunately, the FL doesn’t have them.

I’ve know of a claim where Audi said the lack of secondary cats caused a “torque spike” and killed a gearbox.

Secondary cat removal will void the engine warranty unfortunately, the FL doesn’t have them.

I’ve know of a claim where Audi said the lack of secondary cats caused a “torque spike” and killed a gearbox.

If it needs to ever go in for a warranty claim simply put the sec cats back in.

Lack of sec cats caused a torque spike ?

If it needs to ever go in for a warranty claim simply put the sec cats back in.

Lack of sec cats caused a torque spike ?

Yes that’s the solution and won’t be difficult to do really.

Yep that’s the kind of rubbish Audi spout.

Audi really do come out with some ********.

When I took my car in yesterday, the master tech was telling me how the PFL and FL have exactly the same engine. I was just sat there shaking my head.

Reactions: T-800 and Terminator x

Just the Audi techs finding the weakest excuse they can.

Just like how my dealer blamed my front tyres being on 3mm for the reason my 4wd wasn’t working. Turned out to be a broken gearbox 2 months laters after getting Audi uk involved.

Reactions: AudiNutta

When I took my car in yesterday, the master tech was telling me how the PFL and FL have exactly the same engine. I was just sat there shaking my head.

You’d think all master techs/normal techs would take passion and know about the cars they work on. But there’s a few ‘special’ ones out there :whistle2:

Voice of Doom fella :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta

Same engine

Lordy we are doomed......all doomed i tells ya

Reactions: DW81, D0C and AudiNutta

That’s unbelievable :lmfao:

There’s us hoping their ‘master techs’ know all about our cars....

An engine block made out of a new material is a pretty big change, it’s not as if Audi haven’t been shouting about the change either :lmfao:

Reactions: DW81