Difference between SE and Sport?

manj

Reaction score
Hi, i thought my 1.9tdi was a sport model but im not quite sure. Its a 52 plate and its 130 bhp and i always assumed it was a sport model, however i'm beginning to think it may just be an SE becasue the wheels i got with the car were 15 inchs. Whats the difference between the SE and the Sport and im pretty sure it can't be the S model can it?

Also did the S-Line trim only come in on the 8P shape?

Sport has lower/stiffer suspension, different wheels, 3 spoke steering wheel. I think SE may come with cruise controll too (does on the 8p). Theres a few other subtle differences but cant quite remember them at the moment.

Yes it has a 3 spoke steering wheel. However im sure that can probably be put in as optional can't it?

It probably can yeah, sport should have:

Lower suspension

3 spoke steering wheel

Different wheels

Sunroof

And thats all the differences i know lol

Mine has sport written on the back too but audi like to play badge lottery, some have it, some dont

you should also have sports seats (like the marked recaro's in the Mk4 golf), they should be a black striped material (jacquard cloth)

the car would be 20mm lower than the standard model and 30mm lower than the SE IIRC

and yes, s-line was only in the 8P chassis

I have just phoned Audi and they have told me its an SE model. And my steering wheel has 4 spokes on it so i am assuming it isnt the sports steerig wheel either. Does anyone know how much lower the SE sits than the standard A3 (that is assuming it does sit lower)

Also is there definately no speed difference between the sport and the SE?

It doesnt afaik unfortunately

Nah no speed difference at all bud

I thought the TS came with traction control also...?

All 1.8T's have some sort of traction control iirc