just changed to this today

Anyone tried it?

Reactions: Chop.
Prob the best oil ya can get at the moment
Improved again for 2017 I read

Reactions: Ginge247
Prob the best oil ya can get at the moment
Improved again for 2017 I read
Nice one. I did a bit of reading up on the stuff before I bought it like. The stuff isn't cheap mind, not that it matters, I've never ran any of my cars on what I would call factory oil.

Reactions: xpoweruk
My indie uses Millers, has done for years. So all of my Audis, including the current one, have been filled with it, with excellent results.

Just finnished the last of my 5w 30 Castrol so might give this 5w 40 a try

Reactions: xpoweruk and Ginge247
I know m8, but it is cheap compared to this stuff

Maybe so, but expensive doesn't always mean better. On my old Evo I bought 5L of Millers Nano Tech stuff for about £75 as everyone on the Lancer Forums was raving about it. It made my already noticeable tappets EXTREMELY noisy. I had previously been using Silkolene.

Decided to try some Shell Ultra, really cheap stuff at £25 for 5L at the time as a couple of tuners had recommended it.....my tappets were dead silent and the car just felt like it ran better.

Seems like (unsurprisingly) Shells chemical engineers made an oil that my car preferred over the Millers and at a fraction of the price. Castrol is a BP brand....they also know a fair bit about oil. ;)

Maybe so, but expensive doesn't always mean better. On my old Evo I bought 5L of Millers Nano Tech stuff for about £75 as everyone on the Lancer Forums was raving about it. It made my already noticeable tappets EXTREMELY noisy. I had previously been using Silkolene.

Decided to try some Shell Ultra, really cheap stuff at £25 for 5L at the time as a couple of tuners had recommended it.....my tappets were dead silent and the car just felt like it ran better.

Seems like (unsurprisingly) Shells chemical engineers made an oil that my car preferred over the Millers and at a fraction of the price. Castrol is a BP brand....they also know a fair bit about oil. ;)
Do you work for BP? Only kidding m8 haha. I ain't knocking castrol, I've used the stuff for many years, it's been in my s4 for last 6 months, what I meant by factory oil was that it's used by the dealer's, but I always like to switch and use something like the motul which I had in my M3 or the the silkolene pro S I had in my Clio 172 turbo. I used a previous version of the Miller's stuff in my focus St, with good results, may have just been me but the car felt much punchier lower down. I'm all for giving new stuff a try though so I'll see what the s4 is like after a few miles on the stuff

Reactions: Chop.