Digidash

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody else got a Digidash box linked to their Carplay? I had Carplay installed by Alex some time ago and had bought a Carlinkit to convert the Carplay from wired to wireless. This gave you purely a wireless connection but nothing more. A couple of weeks ago I saw this Digidash advertised. It wasn’t cheap (£289), but it’s amazing. Only drawback is a few apps need a remote because the screen isn’t a touch screen, but most stuff can be controlled by the car centre console controls. If you have a touchscreen, then you don’t need the remote and therefore the unit will cost you £269.
The unit defaults to Android interface when you switch on, as the unit software is Android, but it’s easy to switch to Apple Carplay, however you can play the music from your phone through the BT Music icon on the Android interface.
I’d recommend it, even at the price. Cheaper than having the OEM TV capability retrofitted. You can also play games but I think they would perform better with a touchscreen. Sky Go won’t work on it and Neither will BT Sport, however if you install IPTV…..
I wanted to upload a video of it but don’t know how to . Google it, turns your MMI into a proper little multi-media centre
Feel free to ask me any questions if you’re interested.

I got my wireless adapter a month ago for my car,works great, no issues so far!!
The phone syncs up wirelessly right after the car is started up, doesn't seem to be any latency or lag, audio quality is great (wireless CarPlay uses WiFi not Bluetooth, so you don't have the music quality issue you have with Bluetooth). One of the real drawbacks to wireless CarPlay is there isn't an easy way to switch between phone users, the car kind of chooses a phone and just connects to it. The adapter has a USB input also, so we left the cord plugged into that and when I drive it I just plugin and it overrides my phone and goes to mine. When I unplug it syncs back up to mine.
I used both Apple Maps and Google Maps during my test period and both responded as we expected. There was no lag in getting directions and the touchscreen was as responsive as with a wired connection.
Even using Siri was effortless. I was able to ask Siri for directions while driving and they popped up on the screen in a few seconds.
Wired also great, but there are benefits to having it wireless. No need to take the extra step to plug it in, it can sit in your pocket. Or, if you leave the phone is a bag, you don't have to fish it out.