Dilemma....Old vs new

Pintman

Reaction score
So after nearly 2yrs of ownership of my A3 SB 1.4 122 S-Line, I receive a call from the dealer saying that they could possibly get me into a new car with little to no increase in my monthly amount. My car is approx. £1k in negative equity.

After various emails/ calls they have offered my the A3 SB S-Line nav, 1.4 COD with met paint (which I don't currently have). Increases monthly payments by £33. At the moment, another who I have previously dealt with says they are discounting the overall deal by around £4K. With other threads mentioning about the facelift model/ end of 8V models, I'm a bit unsure what to do.

I know there will be little to no discount on the new facelift model. Therefore do I wait a few weeks to see what they have to offer, but doing so I will miss out on this deal! I know others will come again, but this one looks too good to turn down.

Anybody else in similar situation?

Reactions: pburv
So after nearly 2yrs of ownership of my A3 SB 1.4 122 S-Line, I receive a call from the dealer saying that they could possibly get me into a new car with little to no increase in my monthly amount. My car is approx. £1k in negative equity.

After various emails/ calls they have offered my the A3 SB S-Line nav, 1.4 COD with met paint (which I don't currently have). Increases monthly payments by £33. At the moment, another who I have previously dealt with says they are discounting the overall deal by around £4K. With other threads mentioning about the facelift model/ end of 8V models, I'm a bit unsure what to do.

I know there will be little to no discount on the new facelift model. Therefore do I wait a few weeks to see what they have to offer, but doing so I will miss out on this deal! I know others will come again, but this one looks too good to turn down.

Anybody else in similar situation?
You are in the 'driving seat' ask them to keep the payments the same. If they refuse ( I doubt they will) Hold out for the new face lift model.Like you said there might not be as good an offer on the newer model.
''Swings and Roundabouts'' :shrug:

Reactions: Pintman
I know, that is what is in the back of my mind! On paper, the deal looks good, very good truthfully. Better engine + met paint, therefore the car is more, hence the increase in monthly payments.

I know that I may be kicking myself if I get this and the end-of-model comes out with a lot more extras for a similar amount. However, if there is a price increase, it may be out of my price range and I have missed out on this deal!

Tell them you'll sign up if they match your current payments. I'm sure they'll match it. After all they're the ones who contacted you

Reactions: Pintman and pburv
Tell them you'll sign up if they match your current payments. I'm sure they'll match it. After all they're the ones who contacted you
Exactly! £33 is nothing to them..Don't ask don't get....All they will be interested in is making a sale and meeting their monthly sales quota...:friends:

Reactions: Pintman
I think the thing is that my car is approx 1k in negative equity. Also they are getting a contribution from Audi together with the discount on the more expensive car. This is why the monthly payments are increasing.

If I were to wait until the finance/ part ex value is the same, then no doubt the monthly amounts would be the same.

£33 over 48mths £1584 (met paint ~£500, increase engine from 1.4 122 to 1.4 150 ~£1000)

If you are taking out another finance agreement with WVFS, dealers get a "kickback" bonus of around £1.2k if they manage to "secure" a customer going from one VWFS finance agreement to another.

They have some room to lessen the pain of your negative equity.

Reactions: Mike1981, Pintman and Jassyo06
Talking with another dealer, they said that the 'bonus' of changing one car for another was around £1k. That takes the negative equity out of the equation.

I am putting no extra down as deposit. I have also tried to weigh up 2nd car costs, tyres, service, etc against new car.

I've just done a quick finance calculation on their website. Same car minus met paint & comfort pack comes in at £337.62/mth.

Chances are the car they are offering is in stock and wish to move it on as soon as facelifted vehicles are in the show room it will lose some of its value.
You really are in the driving seat, show interest but push them for a considerably better deal. Always start out lower than what you will settle for.

At the moment, it's about 10% discount, similar to the ones I'm getting on Car Wow.