Dings, Dents and Scratches to your beloved bodywork.

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Reaction score
Spot the ding

IMG 20190521 090221

I'm a big fan of extreme parking but no matter how often you park carefully you will eventually get dinged by something or someone.

Just annoying when you look after your car. Not sure I can repair this one myself.

Spot the ding

View attachment 183135

I'm a big fan of extreme parking but no matter how often you park carefully you will eventually get dinged by something or someone.

Just annoying when you look after your car. Not sure I can repair this one myself.
That'll be easily sorted out mate , expect it's a case of removing the wheel arch lining and tappng it out from the inside . Possibly done with suction from the outside. There's a place down my neck of the world sites it £30 - £40 per dent.

Totally understand your frustration though . As you say , you look after your car meticulously . Sucks !

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: A4A4
Get a dashcam with parking mode. At least you have half a chance of catching the f*****

Reactions: NevMan, daytonamart, A4A4 and 2 others
Looks like a shopping trolley!

Reactions: NevMan, A4A4 and Scotty75
Feel your pain and think it will be an easy repair ( although that doesn't help the sinking feeling you'll have presently ) - I have used this company a few times and see link of what can be done - yours will be a standard repair for a good dent removal company - cost is usually £50 + vat per visit due to Travel location.
http://www.alloutdents.co.uk/index.php/gallery/

Reactions: A4A4 and Scotty75
:wtf:That is SOOO infuriating - I feel for you!! Hope it comes out ok. Post up a pic of it being done if you can :sunglasses:

:wtf:That is SOOO infuriating - I feel for you!! Hope it comes out ok. Post up a pic of it being done if you can :sunglasses:
Hacks me off how some people have so little respect for other people's property.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and A4A4
That'll be easily sorted out mate , expect it's a case of removing the wheel arch lining and tappng it out from the inside . Possibly done with suction from the outside. There's a place down my neck of the world sites it £30 - £40 per dent.

Totally understand your frustration though . As you say , you look after your car meticulously . Sucks !

Thanks @Scotty75 Going to try a get one of those dent suction cups and try and pull it out myself first.

Feel your pain and think it will be an easy repair ( although that doesn't help the sinking feeling you'll have presently ) - I have used this company a few times and see link of what can be done - yours will be a standard repair for a good dent removal company - cost is usually £50 + vat per visit due to Travel location.
http://www.alloutdents.co.uk/index.php/gallery/

Thanks for the link I will take a look @Neil Woodburn , bit of a tight wad when it comes to these sort of things and pains me to pay out for repairs. So will try it myself first.

Looks like a shopping trolley!

Could be? Who knows? I have no idea how it got there.

Thanks @OCDaveS3 , people in this detailing section will understand, others will think it's just a car, can't see it, blah, blah, blah!

Get a dashcam with parking mode. At least you have half a chance of catching the f*****

Thanks, this is a good idea. But due to the location the camera maybe would have missed it. But you are right least the parking mode would have flagged the time/date so at least I would have know when it happened. Only noticed it on wash day.

Reactions: Scotty75
Couple of questions, please.

Would I need a Suction dent puller or Glue dent puller kit for the above ding?

And anyone used/recommend one of these?

Did a bit of detective work while at Costco to see if it could have been a trolley here.

A very close match to the second parallel bar from the bottom. The bump guards possibly prevented a bigger dent. But would have thought that the bottom bar would have hit it first. Not 100% convinced.

InCollage 20190526 144422721

Anyway enough of being Inspector Clouseau..

l have ordered a bridge dent puller of amazon prime so will have a go at the repair with a glue gun.

Reactions: NevMan
to release the glue use a plastic plant sprayer bottle with water just peel it of with your finger and thumb try not to do the dent in one go that should come out with no visible dent

Reactions: Bristle Hound and A4A4
to release the glue use a plastic plant sprayer bottle with water just peel it of with your finger and thumb try not to do the dent in one go that should come out with no visible dent

@ronniejack good tip, cheers.

The set comes with a spray bottle for alcohol. I was going to use a bit of gin & water to spray onto the glue to get it off. Got to say not looking forward to putting red hot glue to the paintwork.

the glue will never get hot enough to damage the paint have been doing it for the past 8 odd years never had a problem mind you if the glue gun is a dodgy Chinese one you never know lol

Let us know how it goes? I have two irritating dents :(

Will do. Hopefully it will be useful for everyone to see if it works.

Reactions: springer and scotty76
This arrived for the job. A 100w glue gun with glue sticks and a bridge puller repair tool.

IMG 20190527 181558

Reactions: springer and OCDaveS4
I'll be interested to see how you get on with this mate

Reactions: Kakatk and A4A4
Here it is job done.

Unfortunately the glue sticks provided with the gun were not strong enough for the job.
Okay for Arts & Crafts but the only beads I like sticking is to the car.

So back to order some more stronger adhesive. Go for the yellow sticks these are a bit stronger for glueing wood etc.

Steinel 11mm glue sticks picked for the task.

IMG 20190601 164827

Once the glue gun warmed up (found the 60w setting hot enough) Time to get suitable sized rubber tab to glue over the dent.
You got to be patient and take your time.

After a dozen or more attempts of pulling the dent out, I was finished.

InCollage 20190601 183742716

The ding is not totally gone but more now like a small dipple now.

Think it's really difficult to make it perfect with the items I used. But with a little more practice and using a knockdown the next attempt maybe be a little better.

Here are some before and after shots.

IMG 20190601 182858

Before & after a bit more pulling.

InCollage 20190603 191712337

It worth giving it a go if you're car is older like mine.
Not economical or worth it to splash out £50+ a time for every minor knock you get.

For much less than that you can invest in the tools and do it yourself.

Reactions: rasA4, DW81, Jimbob76 and 3 others
Here it is job done.

Unfortunately the glue sticks provided with the gun were not strong enough for the job.

So back to order some more stronger adhesive. Go for the yellow sticks these are a bit stronger for glueing wood etc.

View attachment 184029

Once the glue gun warmed up (found the 60w setting hot enough) Time to get suitable sized rubber tab to glue over the dent.

View attachment 184030

Think it's really difficult to make it perfect with the items I used. But with a little more practice and using a knockdown the next attempt maybe be a little better.

View attachment 184031

View attachment 184032

Not economical or worth it to splash out £50+ a time for every minor knock you get.

:respekt: That looks really excellent mate - hardly noticeable. Hats off to you for having the confidence to give that a go - I’d have been scared stiff the glue would pull the paint off :tearsofjoy:

Great job there mate. Huge improvement and for a first effort is be pretty pleased .

Wow, well done @A4A4, sterling persistence and job done

<rant alert> Just this weekend my wife was telling me about someone having their door opened against another car with not a care in the world. If I was there, I WOULD have said something, even if it wasn’t my car. Some people just don’t give a sh*t...just a car blah blah. Makes my blood boil <rant over>

On the dashcam/parking mode, it would trigger and would catch them approaching/leaving from front or rear. That reminds me, I need to get my recently removed Thinkware installed on new car.

Well done again!

Reactions: Jimbob76, A4A4 and Scotty75
Here it is job done.

View attachment 184029

View attachment 184030

View attachment 184031

View attachment 184032

Good job there mate :) My only worry would be, if you are pulling the middle one out, wouldn't that in turn pull the end ones in toward the body with the pressure of the pulling and potentially cause two more dents? or doesn't it create that much force/pull.

Good job there mate :) My only worry would be, if you are pulling the middle one out, wouldn't that in turn pull the end ones in toward the body with the pressure of the pulling and potentially cause two more dents? or doesn't it create that much force/pull.

It does not create much force or pull to distort the panels, the end ones only support the bridge, very gentle pressure is applied to the centre glue tab. When it meets it's breaking point it pulls away.

Reactions: Jimbob76 and S32B
It does not create much force or pull to distort the panels, the end ones only support the bridge, very gentle pressure is applied to the centre glue tab. When it meets it's breaking point it pulls away.
OK cheers mate, handy to know ;)

Here it is job done.

View attachment 184029

View attachment 184030

View attachment 184031

View attachment 184032

That's a pretty impressive result for a home DIY job mate - hats off to you. I think you've got that back to a standard where you'll forget it's there 99% of the time, and if you do notice it, just pass it off as 'character' picked up along the way, and something that makes it uniquely yours. Good job. :hi:

Cheers Guys..

Really happy with the results. so bring on those 'car dingers' lol

Got the tools for life now and all for bargain £30.

Reactions: Jimbob76