Dipped mirror in reverse?

randy4

Reaction score
My previous S3 8V auto dipped its passenger mirror in reverse but my FL RS3 doesn’t. Is there a way to enable this feature. Do i need to code it in, if so what’s best to use for the job?
Massively miss this small feature!

Reactions: garethdj
My previous S3 8V auto dipped its passenger mirror in reverse but my FL RS3 doesn’t. Is there a way to enable this feature. Do i need to code it in, if so what’s best to use for the job?
On all my Audi’s including my 8v S3 and current FL RS3 you have to move the mirror switch over to the left to enable the left mirror dip when in reverse.

Not sure if there’s a way to code it in just by putting in reverse and not changing the mirror switch?

Reactions: garethdj
Earlier FL can be coded without power fold mirrors but I believe later, 2018>, require power fold mirrors to be installed to use mirror dip feature or so I read somewhere. As above mirror switch needs to be in l/h mirror position for r/h drive vehicles.
VCDS Module 52 long coding byte 4 then enable bit 2 & 3 for passenger mirror dip (r/h drive). That's how I coded mine in on my Dec 2016 S3 before I had power fold mirror retrofit.
20190809 064821

Strange as mine dips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine doesn't dip. Could well be due to the DIY install of my gloss black mirror covers from China though

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

On all my Audi’s including my 8v S3 and current FL RS3 you have to move the mirror switch over to the left to enable the left mirror dip when in reverse.

Not sure if there’s a way to code it in just by putting in reverse and not changing the mirror switch?
Well give this a try!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073
Ah cool so VCDS is what I need to get this done. Is this preferred over OBDeleven I’ve been reading and apparently the same can be achieved using that?

Ah cool so VCDS is what I need to get this done. Is this preferred over OBDeleven I’ve been reading and apparently the same can be achieved using that?
VCDS or OBDEleven (Pro) will do the job per Harveys instructions, but before you code it, just check it this way:

Put the car in reverse, set the mirror the the left and adjust it down to the curb, then put it in park and put the switch on 0 and see if the mirror comes back up to its original position.

You have to set it in reverse.

I'm just thinking it may already be enabled and just need adjusted, as I think every VW/Audi I've had, has had this function.

VCDS or OBDEleven (Pro) will do the job per Harveys instructions, but before you code it, just check it this way:

Put the car in reverse, set the mirror the the left and adjust it down to the curb, then put it in park and put the switch on 0 and see if the mirror comes back up to its original position.

You have to set it in reverse.

I'm just thinking it may already be enabled and just need adjusted, as I think every VW/Audi I've had, has had this function.
Yup,mine has to be set to left to work,but if you have the mirror set to high for normal driving it doesn’t tilt on reverse it’s like it gets adjusted past a certain point,strange my BMW used to do same !!!