Dipstick!

Hayche

Reaction score
Hi all!
Was checking oil this morning and whilst pulling the doomed orange dipstick out the full bottom plastic all broke and fell down the hole! I only had oil change and pickup pipe done 2 weeks ago. Is it OK to leave it there in sump or shall I have sump removed and plastic removed thanks!

Hi all!
Was checking oil this morning and whilst pulling the doomed orange dipstick out the full bottom plastic all broke and fell down the hole! I only had oil change and pickup pipe done 2 weeks ago. Is it OK to leave it there in sump or shall I have sump removed and plastic removed thanks!
I’m sure you get very different comments but IMHO I’d drop the sump and remove it. The gauge filter in the sump should stop it getting anywhere but I’d still remove it for my own piece of mind.

For peace of mind you need the sump off again. It depends on your personality!
I’ve seen photos showing bits of the orange dipstick on the pick up screen. Buy a yellow dip stick ASAP.
I replaced the orange tube on my S3 and TT with a yellow one as well at the same time.

Reactions: Jcbmally
For peace of mind you need the sump off again. It depends on your personality!
I’ve seen photos showing bits of the orange dipstick on the pick up screen. Buy a yellow dip stick ASAP.
I replaced the orange tube on my S3 and TT with a yellow one as well at the same time.
Yes I've order a yellow one today. Lucky I have a few cars to use in meanwhile so car will not be used! My main worry is it defo won't cause any damage leaving it till next service.

Nobody can guarantee everything will be OK. If it was me, I’d get the bits cleaned out. Annoying to waste the new oil but cheaper than the alternative in the long run.

Reactions: Jcbmally