Facelift Direct TPMS code removal

Mylee

Reaction score
I've had a retrofit direct TPMS working for about 6 months, until recently when a sensor failed. I've now managed to loose communication to all the sensors.
As I have access to VCDS can someone point me towards the coding to disable the direct system as my car has its first MOT booked in a few days and a standing fault is now an instant fail.

I've had a retrofit direct TPMS working for about 6 months, until recently when a sensor failed. I've now managed to loose communication to all the sensors.
As I have access to VCDS can someone point me towards the coding to disable the direct system as my car has its first MOT booked in a few days and a standing fault is now an instant fail.

did you fit it yourself?

Had the same issue some time back. Hope you know your way around VCDS or OBDEleven though. To set the direct TPMS and indirect you need to do this (at your own risk, I take no responsibility, whatsoever if it goes wrong):

UNPLUG the TPMS module in the driver side rear bumper
19 Gateway > Remove 65 (TPMS)
17 Dashboard > Bite 4 > Bit 0 (activate)
17 Dashboard > Bite 3 >Bit 7 (deactivate)
17 Dashboard > Bite 11 > Bit 2 (deactivate)
03 ABS > Bite 27 > Bit 4, 5 and 6 (activate)
03 ABS > Bite 28 > Bit 7 (activate)
Clear errors, shut off the car, lock it and wait 3 minutes

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Mylee
Had the same issue some time back. Hope you know your way around VCDS or OBDEleven though. To set the direct TPMS and indirect you need to do this (at your own risk, I take no responsibility, whatsoever if it goes wrong):

UNPLUG the TPMS module in the driver side rear bumper
19 Gateway > Remove 65 (TPMS)
17 Dashboard > Bite 4 > Bit 0 (activate)
17 Dashboard > Bite 3 >Bit 7 (deactivate)
17 Dashboard > Bite 11 > Bit 2 (deactivate)
03 ABS > Bite 27 > Bit 4, 5 and 6 (activate)
03 ABS > Bite 28 > Bit 7 (activate)
Clear errors, shut off the car, lock it and wait 3 minutes

Hope this helps :)
Thanks for your help. Dont trust myself, so car is currently with DJAlix.

Reactions: Harvey and ArrEssDrei