Disable tailgate opening from keyfob SQ5?

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
is it possible to disable the opening of the tailgate from the remote using vcds?
I had a disaster yesterday in that I jumped into the car ( keyless entry) to reverse the car into the garage.
As the keys were in my pocket, the tailgate open button must of pressed and i managed to reverse it into the garage.
I never noticed it ooening as the sunroof was fully open and i was watching both side mirrors.
Needless to say the tailgate is a bit of a mess.
So can it be disabled, I've had a trawl through vcds but some of the programming notes are limited on the Q5 platform

Don’t think it can be disabled, never looked in anger to be honest, but I do know that the press / delay time can be extended via coding.

Reactions: -Ju-
Don’t think it can be disabled, never looked in anger to be honest, but I do know that the press / delay time can be extended via coding.
Damn OK Alex, I had seen over Google that it was possible using carista but not sure if that was a different platform tbh.
I'll alter the delay time though so thanks for that.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I coded tailgate function on a friends A6 C7 Avant - On that you could code the operation of both the key and or tailgate microswitches...

Hope that helps?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I coded tailgate function on a friends A6 C7 Avant - On that you could code the operation of both the key and or tailgate microswitches...

Hope that helps?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I don't have the car now but the only way I could do it was to lengthen the time required to hold the key fob pressed to around 5-6 seconds.

I don't have the car now but the only way I could do it was to lengthen the time required to hold the key fob pressed to around 5-6 seconds.

BUT!!!! Ju fully sorted the issue really - he just swapped the SQ5 for RSQ3, happy days :yahoo:

Reactions: -Ju-
It was an extreme solution but definitely worked lol

6417.gif

I've been looking at the Q5 e-tron don't tell...

Nice as it might be John its just a whole lot of depreciation. I'd say you have an ideal garage as it is:racer:

Reactions: 45bvtc