Disabling OEM Bluetooth

leshkin

Hold my beer...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have the OEM bluetooth module (don't think it was a retrofit) and all phone/voice-related MFSW buttons default to working with it, which is great if I actually wanted to use the OEM kit. I'd like to disable this in order to try and get the phone buttons to work with my Pioneer HU, which already works with track skip and volume buttons.

Anyone know of a simple way to disable the OEM BT kit via VCDS or is this a case of doing some wire butchery? If so, any pointers would be very welcome.

Simple way would be to just unplug it from the loom

Reactions: Ash187
I thought as much. Any ideas on where Audi locate the OEM BT module? I've seen many retrofit guides, but the most common location for this (behind the glove box) does not apply in my case :think:

Pull out the radio and take the piggyback loom out of between the radio and the main connector

You'll get error codes because the coding will still be for telephone, but it won't stop anything from working

It is, it's much easier to pull the radio out than the seat though isn't it, no messing with airbag plugs etc etc

Yeah your not wrong there just take plug out of quadlock connector or vag com on it and turn it off 2 sec job no messing about

Thanks everyone, had a look under the seat and no luck. I might have the after-market unit after all. Will try disconnecting from the stereo end once I get a chance.

It will be under the carpet, to get to it it's seat out, door trim off and carpet up

its located under the carpet of the left front seat in a black box. i say left front as germans call it the drivers seat and we brits call it passenger.
coding it out in vcds will stop it from working on the mfsw but will also through up a message of an incorrectly coding module.