Disappointed with Audi :(

Reaction score
All

I recently bought my RS4 knowing it needs some tidying up, which was partly the point as I wanted a car I could work on and be proud of again. I used to own an E36 BMW 328IS and an older X3 and with both these cars BMW used to discount their car parts by up to 40% once they reached 10 years old (a nice help to those trying to keep older BMW's on the road). I've been amazingly disappointed with the prices I've been quoted by Audi for some small parts in order to bring this RS4 back to where it should be e.g. a single TPMS sensor £146, An alloy wheel centre cap £24, a RS4 Grill badge nearly £100 etc.

Given the aftermarket prices, even for good quality parts; I feel for a car company which charges what they do for new cars, this could at least be a little more competitive.

If anyone knows of anywhere who deals in high quality used parts (I seem to remember a place which broke lots of Audi's?) or good quality aftermarket, please let me know.

Thanks.

All

I recently bought my RS4 knowing it needs some tidying up, which was partly the point as I wanted a car I could work on and be proud of again. I used to own an E36 BMW 328IS and an older X3 and with both these cars BMW used to discount their car parts by up to 40% once they reached 10 years old (a nice help to those trying to keep older BMW's on the road). I've been amazingly disappointed with the prices I've been quoted by Audi for some small parts in order to bring this RS4 back to where it should be e.g. a single TPMS sensor £146, An alloy wheel centre cap £24, a RS4 Grill badge nearly £100 etc.

Given the aftermarket prices, even for good quality parts; I feel for a car company which charges what they do for new cars, this could at least be a little more competitive.

If anyone knows of anywhere who deals in high quality used parts (I seem to remember a place which broke lots of Audi's?) or good quality aftermarket, please let me know.

Thanks.
Have you tried our parts request system. @creweaudiparts Tom is very reasonable with prices

Reactions: SiPie
Unfortunately, RS badge will attract a price for RS specific parts, although shared parts across the B7 range, tpms etc, but I dont see why they should be cheaper, if anything they'd be more as not often required anymore, thats not to say I agree with, but part & parcel, mind the pun.

Just hope the engine, box doesn't require parts as those V8 lumps are expensive to repair, my old B6 S4 I recall checking costs in the event of an issue, hence why I sold whilst it was still going well lol.

I used the same - they were a big breakers and sold good quality stuff.

As above try & find a decent breakers. Got some as ''new'' Audi sport puddle lights for mine from a breaker on ebay & they were £80.00, £160.00 new at the time.
Again some new Audi wheel centre caps for my RS6 Performance from Audi came in at around £48.00 each !!!!!. got all 4 in as new condition from a breakers for £80.00 also.