Disappointed with B&O

1Ten

Reaction score
I am over the moon with my S4 Advant and definitely think that I got the specification right.
My one disappointment is the B&O system, my 14 plate A6 had the Bose system and I think this sounded better, what go others think of it.
Luckily the engine sound so good in dynamic mode I can just listen to that!

I was a little disappointed with mine at first but now I've fiddled with the myriad settings, I say it's the best OEM system I've ever had - adjusting 3D and surround sound seemed to make most improvements in imaging, bass up a tad, tame the over-bright treble down a bit, balance slightly left biased. Always done that with the balance for imaging, works for me but not sure if it's because the left speakers are always bit further away from me as driver or I'm slightly deafer in me left lug 'ole....

Haven't heard the A6 Bose but have had Bose on most of my previous Audis and Dynaudio on a VW.

I had an Audi A6 Bose system and it was very poor, the a6 was a 64 plate bitdi. The s4 avant I have had the b&o and it simply wonderful and a huge difference from Bose. I have not tweaked any settings but it really is great in my s4.

Not really what I want to see when I’m about to order a S4 and have included the b&o system!

I currently have a b8.5 avant with the b&o and it is brilliant! Wouldn’t want to go back to a standard 4 speaker setup anyway and having had Bose in previous Audi’s the b&o is far superior!

Maybe needs a little time to bed in and setup to your own requirements?

No issues with mine, great sound, real depth in the bass and crystal clear when cranking up the sound.

No regrets with speccing this option.

Came from a B8 with B&O too and it is notably louder, clearer and has more bass in the B9.
If I was buying again I would skip forward in the configurator and tick the B&O box then go back to the boring bits

I had a B8 Courtesy car once and found the B&O in that very disappointing. Did not sound as good as the A3 8P Cab Bose system, or the 9 speaker standard sony system in a MK3 Focus. Maybe it’s still the same set up in the 9

A6 BOSE was alot better than the latest B n O imo too

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Slightly off topic, but is the LED strip on the front foot speaker supposed to match the (if you have it) extended lighting package colour/s..??
Mine remains white whatever I do with the rest. Just wondered if this is standard or something I should get looked at...

Slightly off topic, but is the LED strip on the front foot speaker supposed to match the (if you have it) extended lighting package colour/s..??
Mine remains white whatever I do with the rest. Just wondered if this is standard or something I should get looked at...
No it stays white.

Reactions: RaZ A4 and Headzup
I have to take back my criticism of the B&O system! I have had another play about with the settings and it’s great!
I’m not sure if it is hugely better than the Bose but it is very good. Turning the treble right down seems to be the key.

Reactions: Gary_LB
I have to take back my criticism of the B&O system! I have had another play about with the settings and it’s great!
I’m not sure if it is hugely better than the Bose but it is very good. Turning the treble right down seems to be the key.

Sounds similar to my experience. I reduced the treble, increased the subwoofer, then tweaked the bass to get the correct level.

It’s a great system I am more than happy with it

My last2 cars were s3’s. The first had Bose and then next had b&o. The b&o in my opinion was far superior to the Bose. To me all Bose offers is the bass. The clarity of b&o is so much better.