Displaying map on DIS cluster

Did you lose the Google map overlay like others reported in the other thread?
I was a bit confused by that - if they mean the satellite overlay then that still works perfectly on mine.
If it means Google Earth and Google Steet View - then I never had these on my car as I believe they dropped the license?

Reactions: numec
The satellite view is still working with my car, I believe that street view disappeared with a map update. If you've the SD sat nav you will need to get Audi CS to activate the licence. Only the technology pack has the free three years of Audi Connect.

Nope, still working with my car. If you've the SD sat nav you will need to get Audi CS to activate the licence. Only the technology pack has the free three years of Audi Connect...

I got 3 free months of Audi Connect, and Audi have extended that for another 12 months. I've got the SD sat nav. It shows Google satellite view perfectly on both the MMI and the DIS. I've never had working Google Earth or Google Streetview.

Unfortunately we don't have Google Earth, it is just a satellite overlay....

It is very confusing with this money making scheme layers of 'features enabling' from OEM. The Germans surely very good at it.

If you've a Mercedes or a BMW these things are subscription based on top of the cost of the car. But then I am sure Audi factor the cost in to their cars as well...

I was a bit confused by that - if they mean the satellite overlay then that still works perfectly on mine.
If it means Google Earth and Google Steet View - then I never had these on my car as I believe they dropped the license?

Thanks for confirming. How long ago have you had this done if I may ask?
Really keen on trying but need to decide either having obdeleven pro or just standard as other thing I want to do is the needle sweeps which can be done via free credits.

Thanks for confirming. How long ago have you had this done if I may ask?
I've actually only had the car about 4 weeks - had this change implemented for about 2 weeks of this.

Really keen on trying but need to decide either having obdeleven pro or just standard
You need pro for this change, but this is probably the only one pro is really needed for. Most of the time I just do it the long way anyway though.

I've actually only had the car about 4 weeks - had this change implemented for about 2 weeks of this.

You need pro for this change, but this is probably the only one pro is really needed for. Most of the time I just do it the long way anyway though.
Are you happened to be anywhere near West Midlands by any chance? :D

Can you display just the map on DIS while using android auto google map navigation on the MMI screen?

Can you display just the map on DIS while using android auto google map navigation on the MMI screen?
For cars that had it standard, you can have Carplay or android Auto on central mmi screen and the standard audi map (minus destination and route) on the DIS.

Nope you can't - same rules as the VC. Once you navigate using Android Auto it disables nav on the DIS (just shows a compass)

Nope you can't - same rules as the VC. Once you navigate using Android Auto it disables nav on the DIS (just shows a compass)
Ah, I was planning to use that as a map view since it has the speed limit displayed. That's that then, maybe not worth to have it enabled for my case. Cheers for confirming.

For cars that had it standard, you can have Carplay or android Auto on central mmi screen and the standard audi map (minus destination and route) on the DIS.

Yes this is what I'm after. Same as in the Velar, this seems useful for me to have road map overview on and speed limit displays

Just had this enabled. Looks nice!
Question though: for any map view (satellite, traffic etc) settings changed using the mufu wheels as shown on the DIS, does it reflects on both MMI and DIS?

Just had this enabled. Looks nice!
Question though: for any map view (satellite, traffic etc) settings changed using the mufu wheels as shown on the DIS, does it reflects on both MMI and DIS?
Yeah it does. However you can (through the MMI) have different location icons appear on the MMI and DIS.

Yeah it does. However you can (through the MMI) have different location icons appear on the MMI and DIS.
That's great!
Did you tried to change any other from the list?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191006_215256_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20191006_215256_com.voltasit.obdeleven.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 479
Anybody knows what does that 75yd in the circle means? Seems stuck there when I was driving this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20191007_074455.jpg
    IMG_20191007_074455.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 2,041
It's the scale key for the map
thanks, isnt it supposed to change when I zoom in and out using the scroll on the wheels? i can see the map zoom in and out, but the number stayed the same. and I see on other pictures/YT videos, they're showing the road name? probably this is because i am using satellite view?

Did you do anything else with obdeleven? ALA?
Enabled ALA, Auto High Beam, changed comfort flashes to 4, second phone support (clashes with Android Auto though), Scandinavian style DLR, disabled AM radio, enabled lap timer, enabled needle sweep, maybe a couple of other smaller things!

Enabled ALA, Auto High Beam, changed comfort flashes to 4, second phone support (clashes with Android Auto though), Scandinavian style DLR, disabled AM radio, enabled lap timer, enabled needle sweep, maybe a couple of other smaller things!
That's a lot:icon thumright:. But I thought the Auto Hi Beam is available in the MMI by default? How do you find the ALA without the stalk to on/off?

That's a lot:icon thumright:. But I thought the Auto Hi Beam is available in the MMI by default? How do you find the ALA without the stalk to on/off?
Auto lights are available by default - auto high beam are not (at least weren't on mine)
Honestly I find the ALA pretty decent, it's only tried to kill me once; you have to remember that it's not auto steer (although it will do that 99% of the time) but it's a nice guide to point you the right direction if you do start to drift.

Auto lights are available by default - auto high beam are not (at least weren't on mine)
Honestly I find the ALA pretty decent, it's only tried to kill me once; you have to remember that it's not auto steer (although it will do that 99% of the time) but it's a nice guide to point you the right direction if you do start to drift.
Is it easy and quick to revert the ALA back to factory setting?

Is it easy and quick to revert the ALA back to factory setting?
There's a few options - you can disable it (same as pressing the button) which is one coding, probably takes a couple of minutes once in OBD11, or disabling it completely is about 8 steps I think, probably take 10mins or so.
Definitely not a nightmare to do and worth giving it a go.

Cheers for the re-assurance. Just as a precaution since 'winter is coming' and dont want to dance around in A or B roads :whistle2:
As for the auto hi beam, is this the tick/untick box in the MMI-car-vehicle settings-exterior lighting-auto light- auto hi beam?

As for the auto hi beam, is this the tick/untick box in the MMI-car-vehicle settings-exterior lighting-auto light- auto hi beam?

That sounds like Auto Lights to me - which is lights switch on and off when it gets dark. To confirm if you have auto-high-beam then make sure your lights are switched to "Auto" and push back on the light stalk.
If your high beams come on and you get the Blue high beam light then they're not enabled, if you get a white one with "AUTO" written under it then you've got it, your high beams will switch on and off as needed. Some people on here think they're amazing, some said they blind people or don't come on. I've yet to actually test it properly.