DIY oil change question

AJB

Reaction score
I've got a 2013 1.4 COD (140) and am planning to change the oil myself. Does anybody know if you're meant to replace the sump plug each time, as with older VW group stuff which had a large metal bolt with a captive metal washer? Also does anybody know the correct torque spec for the drain plug?

Thanks in advance!

I had an 2013 1.2 tfsi which is the same ea211 engine but smaller.

When doing an oil change on that it was a whole new sump plug with built in washer that's non removable.

However on the 1.0 tfsi I had. That come from the factory with a sump plug with built in non removable washer. But ETKA said this must be replaced with a sump plug that has a removable crush washer. I think this is because the sump on the 1.0 is Aluminium.

Your best bet is to ring parts at a dealer and ask them to check against your vin.

Normal torque setting is 30NM.

Thank you! I normally try to get parts from TPS, half trying to sound like I'm trade and know what I'm talking about! Hence wanting to get as much info as I can up-front.

Thanks for the torque setting. By the way, is the spin-on oil filter the "hand tight + x degrees" setup? I think it's often said on the box and/or the filter itself when I've done them in the past, but just in case...

Thanks very much for the help!

Oil filter is normal 20NM+2 which is normally stated on the filter itself like you say