Do all Audi a4's have the red warning lights on doors?

KudoWarrior

Reaction score
My car is a 2012 A4 Quattro BE

Example image from a car that it works on:

DSCF1503.jpg

Mine has the light but it doesn't actually come on. Is there a way to switch it on or have I completely missed something and it's something like a reflector?

It's Audi's wisdom to get more money out of you, it's part of the interior light pack option. You can retrofit the kit so all the lights work in the doors, glove box etc. There are some threads on here on how to do it.

No, some are reflectors and some are iluminated, if iluminated it's part of a package, maybe the interior light pack or some other, someone else might be able to shed some light on that (pardon the pun).

Cheers guys.

I knew a bunch of other things were part of the Interior light pack but I didn't know they would be as cheap as to add a reflector instead of a light on the door. Jesus.

I'd love to get the interior light pack added but I think It'd be too big a big job for me and would be costly for some of the ones that would need adding in, such as: puddle lights, warning lights, footwell lights, glovebox light.

The loom may already be in the bottom of the door, worth a check, makes it a cheaper mod. I can't swear to it as I've never had an Audi or VW without the Interior Light Pack.

If you don't already have it then the loom won't be there.
I can retrofit the kit for you if you wanted?
This is how it looks in my A5
You can choose the colours as an option too

Reactions: AU11 ALS
If you don't already have it then the loom won't be there.
I can retrofit the kit for you if you wanted?
This is how it looks in my A5
You can choose the colours as an option too

Hey mate.

Thanks for the response.

Had a look at your site and I'm quite interested in a few of the upgrades.
I'll list them in order of which I was thinking of getting them done in:

1 - Partial Lighting pack: 4xfootwell lights (white), 4xpuddle lights (white), 1xglovebox light (white), 4xdoor warning light(red), 2x vanity lights (white), 4xdoor inside door handle lights (red) and also the vent dials.
Basically everything except the licence plate lights and the standard overhead lights front and back as I've changed those to LED's already.

2 - Electric Folding mirrors

3 - Stereo upgrade and navigation

4 - Reverse camera

First two are a must for me, I'll be getting them done at some point but am concious of the cost so may look into doing it myself if it's significantly less. The rest would be "vanity" purchases at some point.

If you could price me up for all of them that'd be great mate and I can see what's doable now and what I can bench for another time.

The latest Audi reversing camera is very good, had it on the X5 and its good, it was a must have on the RS and the camera is better resolution and it can be switched between reverse/sterring overlay and parallel park overlay.

The latest Audi reversing camera is very good, had it on the X5 and its good, it was a must have on the RS and the camera is better resolution and it can be switched between reverse/sterring overlay and parallel park overlay.
Do you need the Advanced MMI for this or can it be added to the standard MMI?

Hey mate.

Thanks for the response.

Had a look at your site and I'm quite interested in a few of the upgrades.
I'll list them in order of which I was thinking of getting them done in:

1 - Partial Lighting pack: 4xfootwell lights (white), 4xpuddle lights (white), 1xglovebox light (white), 4xdoor warning light(red), 2x vanity lights (white), 4xdoor inside door handle lights (red) and also the vent dials.
Basically everything except the licence plate lights and the standard overhead lights front and back as I've changed those to LED's already.

2 - Electric Folding mirrors

3 - Stereo upgrade and navigation

4 - Reverse camera

First two are a must for me, I'll be getting them done at some point but am concious of the cost so may look into doing it myself if it's significantly less. The rest would be "vanity" purchases at some point.

If you could price me up for all of them that'd be great mate and I can see what's doable now and what I can bench for another time.

The lighting pack is pretty easy to do...the footwells are a little bit tough running wire from back to front...but not too bad tbh!

The glovebox easy mate no worries.

The vanity lights are pretty tough from what I have read, but not found a guide myself...

Puddle lights there is also a guide available...looks pretty easy! Going to have a crack soon have all wiring.

You can also do the vent lighting too which is part of the light pack as well as interior handle lights...vent lights is a lot of work for what it is from the guide I found.

I would contact TR8Ps on this forum he supplied me with the full kit! Perfect service and supplied the pins where to plug the wires into..top bloke! Wiring looms were awesome and professionally made must admit. He can also fit this kit.

Navigation is a big big job and expensive....but if you did want the folding mirrors navigation and reverse camera I would pm a guy called NHN he does all those retrofits.