Do i have Air-Con ? plus a few other problems.....

Gooner

Reaction score
Hi All

I have an A4 TDI 130 sport but always thought i didnt have Air Conditioning. Sorry for sounding quite dumb but im new to Audi's and every previous car ive had with Air-Con had the snow flake symbol. I took the car round a friends last night who has the diagnostics computer and it showed up a fault for Air Conditioning. He told me that its built in the climate control unit and is the 'Economy' button !?

Another fault that showed up was 'Coolant Temperature Sensor' - could this be why im getting bad mpg's ? i only got 400 miles to £50 last time i filled up, but that could be a slightly heavy right foot !

Also another fault that showed up was 'Left to Right engine solinoid valve' ? We were both kind of stumped with this one!

Im hoping to get all this sorted this weekend if anyone could shine some light ?!

Thanks in advance
Gooner

Yes you do have air-con.. It works by pressing the econ button. When the econ button is lit, the air-con is off, when the econ button is out the air-con is on and cooling the air. Coolant temp sensor is about £18 and an easy swap, worth a shot. Is the solenoid fault youe engine mount solenoid valve? or engine solenoid valve? The engine mounts are prone to fail. Its about £90 to change this also..

Get some pics up..

When you decide to test the aircon be gentle with it!

How long have you had the car? If you haven't used it all in that time then all the seals etc will be very dry, so it will need a gentle re-introduction into working! ie Don't bang it straight onto 18 to see how cold it blows! If it's been unused for ages you might find it will cause some problems first.