Do i have the correct 3 parts for the FBMFSW?

LEE69

07 170 DSG
Reaction score
WHEEL 8J0 419 091 C
BAG 8J0 880 201 J
LOOM 8JO 971 589 B

Also been reading i can use my own loom but alter the earths for the horns by using new spade connectors?

This is the shield one

20140316 151251

This is the round one
20140316 152144

The buyer i got it of said an A3. it as an S4 badge on it. :/

it wont fit
but im nice today and will take it off your hands

Reactions: LEE69
I've fitted a FBMFSW from a 2014 S-Line A5 into my A3 8P2. Everything works spot on, all i did was swap the yellow connector from the old airbag to the new airbag, Ensuring that i cross referenced the pin locations from the original airbag to the new one. If you know what your doing then its quite straight forward, However you have to be careful to ensure you put the pins back in the correct places else you could end up with an airbag in your face :)

Were your connectors/spades different sizes? If so did you just crimp new ones on?

Didn't take any wiring off the airbag just swapped the big yellow connector. Cross referencing the locations of the pins from the old air bag to the new one.

If you are going to swap the connector just make sure you track the wiring back and double check. Don't want the airbag going off :) good luck

Just compared the two yellow connectors

round bag top row
1 brown
2 yellow
3 black
4 green
5 white
6 blue

bottom row

1 red
2 purple

shield bag

Top row
3 green
4 white
5 blue
6 orange

bottom row

1 black
2 brown
3 blue
4 red

You need to trace back the wiring on the shield airbag and write down where each wire is connecting to on the actual airbag and then do the same to the round airbag. Sorry if I'm not making much sense pretty useless at explaining!

No you're making perfect sense i don't mind wiring but messing with air bags i don't like lol

I was going to put the shield loom in the round one but the spades are different sizes (no biggy) but using a circuit tester i was getting a circuit when the other bag wasn't. TBH i'd just rather by a cable lol Someone said the 8J0971589H is the right one

Thanks Mike all swapped over to mirror the later connector 8J0971589H

This what i started with

round bag Pins are top (orange clip)

1 brown
2 yellow
3 black
4 green
5 white
6 blue

bottom

1 red
2 purple

shield bag Pins are top (orange clip)

3 green
4 white
5 blue
6 orange

bottom

1 black
2 brown
3 blue
4 red

and now my loom is 8J0971589H

Pins are top (orange clip)

1 blank
2 blank
3 black
4 green
5 blue
6 white

Bottom
1 brown
2 yellow
3 purple
4 red
5 blank
6 blank

Replied, swapping the loom to match the 8J0971589H as made the horn work now but no button or paddles functions

Something weird just happened, was driving and i could see a name and phone number where the radio/cd track info goes, my phone was connected via bluetooth but wasn't making a call or anything :/

That's usually what happens when you press the mode button on the wheel?

I never pressed any buttons though makes a definitive click.

is it possible to modify tt mk2 old loom 8JO 971 589 B to fit?, by the looks of it am i right in saying the pin layout only needs to be changed for the horn (yellow and brown) to fit 8p a3

No idea, you can see i tried copying the H loom, but it never worked, but the new loom ending in H worked great and still does.