Do I stay with Audi or Switch to Porsche??

Which would you have?

• Total voters
Afternoon chaps.

Thanks very much for all your help and advice.

My wife and I have come to a compromise, she will be getting a new TT soon so with that we don't need 2 sport coupe types and as such leaves me with choice of keeping the S3 or changing to RS3 when i can.

I am happy and now comes the time to search for the either the perfect used demo or just go all out and buy new. Like I said previously i am in no rush and as long as the S3 gets fixed soon then that will keep my entertained till the change up. :)

Thanks again all.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Afternoon chaps.

Thanks very much for all your help and advice.

My wife and I have come to a compromise, she will be getting a new TT soon so with that we don't need 2 sport coupe types and as such leaves me with choice of keeping the S3 or changing to RS3 when i can.

I am happy and now comes the time to search for the either the perfect used demo or just go all out and buy new. Like I said previously i am in no rush and as long as the S3 gets fixed soon then that will keep my entertained till the change up. :)

Thanks again all.

Ha ha nice one .... and same as us, we have a TT and RS3 on order at the moment :)

Two great cars for sure.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and AndyB-S3
My local dealer has emailed with spec of an RS3 they have taken in part ex..see spec below.. if only it had the black pack..

Audi RS3 Sportback
Sepang Blue with Black / Rock Grey interior
Comfort Pack
Bang and Olufsen Sound System
Interior Light Pack
Dynamic Package
Audi Magnetic Ride
Sports Exhaust Sytem
Matt Aluminium Style Pack
19" 5 arm Rotor Alloys
Brake Calipers in Red
MMI Navigation SD Card Based
Privacy Glass

The car has done 3998 miles and is prices at £42995.

Reactions: RYuill
That's pretty decent spec, the alum pack can't always be wrapped black. What's missing for me is the super sports

Yup those are missing too,,, :( Might get a test drive when hopefully picking up my S3 later this week.

An 'alternative' Porsche view ;) :D

Porsche reveals details of entry-level defensiveness

Porsche has released some early information about its next generation Boxster and Cayman range, including crucial details about how defensive its owners will be.

The biggest change is that the cars will be powered by a new turbocharged four-cylinder engine which Porsche says offers efficiency benefits and more than adequate performance or, as owners will put it, ‘better economy, actually’ and ‘faster than an old generation 911 in the real world, actually’.

Despite the loss of two cylinders, the company says these new engines will be tuned to make a pleasant exhaust sound that will cause owners to write at length on internet forums about how ‘it doesn’t bother me, actually’.

As before, the Boxster and Cayman will be mid-engined or, as owners will put it, ‘better balanced, actually’.

Porsche has also revealed that the new cars will be grouped under the new 718 model designation which it believes will bring logic to the range while allowing owners to say ‘it’s an historic badge, actually’ and claim that it appeals to ‘people who actually known their stuff, actually’.

Prices for the new cars have yet to be confirmed but are likely to be around the ‘I could have easily afforded a 911 but I chose this, actually’ mark.
http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/12/11/porsche-reveals-details-of-entry-level-defensiveness/

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Ozmosis and Spaceman_RS3
Hey mate,

To me, this comparison is as previously discussed "Chalk and Cheese"... while a Cockster can be used as a daily driver, I think its best left as a second or 3rd car... I'm 6'2" so I find it too small in general - but thats just me and while it does have great balance and feels somewhat special, none except the GT4 have ever really tickled my funny bone, when driven...

6years ago ( in my mid 20s) I bought a Carrera S, and actually test drove a plethora of different Porsches before I settled on a tricked out manual Carrera S Demo...including the Cayman S...

I know Journos carry on about its balance and all that crap, but in reality, they mostly are hung up on some weird handling obsession that is "in" amongst journos at the time. Going back to back with a Carrera S, was the Caymans downfall for me... absolutely no comparison... the 911 is the real deal... If you want a sports car, id be looking at a 2-3 year old Carrera instead...I found the sensation of speed in the 911 to be that much greater...

On the other-hand an RS3 is relatively compact ( I live in inner Sydney) splendidly fast, beautifully made Q-car, that makes one of the best sounds in the business... that's why i use it as a daily driver.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Terminator x, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
Fine, but six years ago the Cayman that was on the market was the Mk I. It's significantly different to the Mk II, and we're about to get to the mid-life refresh of that, so that comparison is quite an old one. Comparing the 997 to the old Cayman is not really relevant any more - the journos bang on because the 981 is so much better than the old one, and most say that a 981 GTS (£55k) is better (not just for the price, but actually better), than a boggo 991 911 (£85k).

A 911 Carrera S will probably be better again, but put the same kit on it as is on a well equipped Cayman GTS (which'll go to about £65k), and you're talking £110k. Whether you have the money or not, I'm not sure I'd see the point in spending £45k more on it - you could nearly have a Cayman GTS and an RS3!!

Fine, but six years ago the Cayman that was on the market was the Mk I. It's significantly different to the Mk II, and we're about to get to the mid-life refresh of that, so that comparison is quite an old one. Comparing the 997 to the old Cayman is not really relevant any more - the journos bang on because the 981 is so much better than the old one, and most say that a 981 GTS (£55k) is better (not just for the price, but actually better), than a boggo 991 911 (£85k).

A 911 Carrera S will probably be better again, but put the same kit on it as is on a well equipped Cayman GTS (which'll go to about £65k), and you're talking £110k. Whether you have the money or not, I'm not sure I'd see the point in spending £45k more on it - you could nearly have a Cayman GTS and an RS3!!

hey mate, I was referring to something like this --> http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-ca...-pdk-willenhall-fpa-201512149451937?logcode=p

No brainer to me.

FYI I'm so jealous of the prices you guys get in the UK... here in Oz, we get royally bent over :)

Reactions: tektrob
Yeah fair, that's a very good deal!

Ha - I get annoyed at how cheap they are in the US. It's the same figure but in dollars, so 1.5x cheaper!!

Yeah fair, that's a very good deal!

Ha - I get annoyed at how cheap they are in the US. It's the same figure but in dollars, so 1.5x cheaper!!
The good ol' US, where you can lease a 911 for the price of Golf here... no wonder the place is a debt ridden mess :)

Reactions: billyali86 and AndyB-S3