Fixed Do not have permission to view sub forums!?

josedebardi

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
All the sub forum sections such as Audi Forums A1 Series are giving me "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." which is pretty annoying to say the least! It was working 3-4 hours ago...

I'm getting this when trying to access Trading Post, as you say, it was working earlier!
JG

Well at least it's not just me! The Trading Post is a sub forum section too, so makes sense.

Cleared my cache etc, logged out and in, also tried from a different browser (Safari normally, but tried Chrome) - same issue. Must be an issue site side for multiple of us to be experiencing it.

Have you disabled Tapatalk whilst investigating this, as I can't post from their as of the last 20 mins?

Hi Folks,

In short: There's something screwy going on with the XenForo permissions system related to secondary user groups (i.e. those used to attach VCDS map user or car type banners & badges to your user information).

At the moment I can't see what's causing the behaviour you're experiencing, and actually the tools in the back-end of the server for analysing and testing permissions can't see anything wrong either. I've been planning to overhaul the way it's set-up, and honestly I think that reverting to defaults and configuring it all again will, though time consuming, be quicker than trying to chase down whatever's not quite right at the moment.

My plan is to embark on that epic voyage overnight tonight. I'll post again with updates/progress as I can.

In the meantime, for those of you who are members of additional groups which you have controls to leave in your control panel, it might be worth trying that, re-joining after I've reconfigured everything. Please though, if you're a member of a secondary user group which you don't have controls to leave in your panel, don't flood us with messages to apply the changes to your profile as I expect I'm going to need plenty of time to reconfigure it all tonight.

What would be useful is clarity on the areas you're seeing permission denied errors - preferably copied & pasted links or screenshots.

Cheers all,

Rob.

Reactions: RS5 JON
Apologies for not coming back to this thread sooner. Work was even more fiddly than imagined, with quite a lot of stuff needing to be un-picked to get to the bit we needed to fix.

Hopefully those affected regained functionality either with one of the above workarounds, or when Adam made some changes on Friday. We got to the heart of the issue last night and effected a repair; hopefully full functionality is restored for everyone now (if not, please give us a shout).

All the best.

Rob.

Reactions: Sandra, josedebardi and RS5 JON