Do traffic enforcement cameras cover traffic lights?

G

_G_

Went through a red light this morning by mistake.
No box camera on the lights but there is a bus lane camera a few hundred yards back.
AFAIK that camera is also used to zone in and penalize anyone who stops on the zig zag lines at the traffic lights.
Is it also capable of capturing an image of a vehicle that jumps red?

I knew I should have had that coffee in the morning. It's my day off and as it was freezing I thought I would give the missus a lift to the train station.

Cheers

Went through a red light this morning by mistake.
No box camera on the lights but there is a bus lane camera a few hundred yards back.
AFAIK that camera is also used to zone in and penalize anyone who stops on the zig zag lines at the traffic lights.
Is it also capable of capturing an image of a vehicle that jumps red?

I knew I should have had that coffee in the morning. It's my day off and as it was freezing I thought I would give the missus a lift to the train station.

Cheers

No it wont as the red light cameras have to take the picture as soon as you cross the line!

They show you a photo as well as the time after it changed red that you crossed the line, in seconds!

No it wont as the red light cameras have to take the picture as soon as you cross the line!

They show you a photo as well as the time after it changed red that you crossed the line, in seconds!

Sounds as if you talk from experience!

Bus route cameras are operated separately to signal and speed cameras. Red light cameras require loops (wires in the road) before and after the stop line in order to measure the offence and activate the camera. You have a number of seconds after the light turns to red before it starts measuring.

A few hundred yards back? No way it'd cover the junction. The red light cameras in Edinburgh are the size of speed cameras and about 5 yards before the junction.