Do you flash people?

ninjag

Reaction score
Just wondering, does anyone here flash other people if you don't like their driving?

I've had this a few times, usually some self righteous hypocrite who is doing half the speed limit and gets hurt when you overtake them on a long, straight, empty road at night and blinds the hell out of you, but I've never felt the need to flash someone, even if they are driving like an idiot. What would someone expect to gain from it as I'm genuinely curious to know from anyone who does it?

No, life’s to short to be policing others. Every working day of my life I’ve had someone flash at me for something, and honestly, 99.9% of the time, it’s their driving causing the issue, I’m surprised most of them can even dress themselves in the morning.

Reactions: ninjag
When I saw the title i had chuckle and thought, oooh er..lol

but seriously, I don't to be honest as I just feel it's a pointless exercise, the other driver rarely takes any notice anyway, more likely to get two fingers back .

Reactions: RAF_S7, JohnM100, toooldforboyracing and 2 others
Only the missus. :whistle2:

Seriously though, there's no point so I don't bother, let them get on with it.

Reactions: toooldforboyracing
Not my thing either, though I have had the occasional driver do that to me as well. They are lucky if I even acknowledge it, so couldn't even begin to guess what they hope to achieve :think:

Only the missus. :whistle2:

Seriously though, there's no point so I don't bother, let them get on with it.

Damn thought I'd start my morning ahead of everyone, but yeah the occasional cricket match........

Reactions: Garrett 69
Ah, I just realised the thread title is a touch misleading. Apologies.

Only when I’ve had the raincoat washed :)
Most round mine do to let people go past when cars are blocking two way traffic but I always try to flash people at night (not in that way) when they have no lights on.
It seems like the right thing to do, for the sake of moving a finger back and forth to elicit a reaction

• Haha
Never bother personally, I used to get flashed on motorbikes all the time, non riders can never get their head around the power to weight ratio lol!
So I'd pull out to overtake, oncoming car would be flashing me like crazy and then they look stupid whilst it takes them ages to get anywhere near me at which point I'd just give a friendly wave..

Well well well. Took the RS out to stretch it’s legs and shake off some cobwebs and got 2 flashes off 2 Honda CRV. Both times no dangerous manoeuvres had been undertaken, but both felt the need to police the roads.

Well well well. Took the RS out to stretch it’s legs and shake off some cobwebs and got 2 flashes off 2 Honda CRV. Both times no dangerous manoeuvres had been undertaken, but both felt the need to police the roads.
Did you see hats on the parcel shelves?

What prompted me to put this thread up was from last night a guy in a Jag tore away from the lights foot to the floor and up a small steep hill, then brakes just over the brow and stops. When I came over the brow I had to brake hard and swerve around him, but nothing dramatic, and then I accelerated away. I didn't toot or even look at him, I just got on with driving.

Once past I see him flashing me, I'm thinking maybe I've got a rear light out or something, so I spin around the mini roundabout ahead and stop across the road and call over from my car asking why he was flashing. His window goes down and I get a lot of abuse from him?!!? (he had one of those squeaky voices) I was like, are you kidding me? lol So I swing the car around and pull alongside him, of course now he drops a stinking load and he started yelping that he has my reg and will call the police (aye sure) with his window going down to squeal and then back up so that he doesn't have to listen, like a little child. Rinse and repeat a few times. I could see he was now freaking out so I just called him a hypocrite above his squeals and drove off.

He was completely ignorant to his own actions I knew I should have just drove off after the initial contact, but I was curious. Maybe he'll think twice about being all self righteous with someone again, but I doubt it - there just seems to be this type of person everywhere you go. I'm pretty laid back on the road, but don't these people realise that they'll end up doing it to someone who drag them out of their car?

So what did he achieve from all that other than potentially running into me again as it wasn't far from my house?

Reactions: Marky79 and K96
A word to the wise:

DpOjpnbWwAMqFnB.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BasDust, Marky79 and ninjag
Nothing wrong with tartan blanky's chap, I have 2 on the back seat of my old bus, the only difference being there is normally a very large GSD laying on them, and you wouldn't want to argue with him ...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Marky79 and Garrett 69
The last time I stopped and asked a van driver what was wrong as there had been lot's of arm waving and hysteria from him travelling behind me it turned into a full blown road rage incident, I genuinely didn't know what I'd done to upset the poor young lad so once I'd dodged his "wind milling" arms and got him in a head lock it turned out that when I'd overtaken him a small stone had flown up and hit his work's van :sorrow:
Problem was I found it so ridiculous and such an over reaction that I started to laugh and the more I laughed the more angry he became :tearsofjoy::laughing::laughing:
That's the problem with Quattro, all that traction gathering up ammo and letting it fly :tearsofjoy:

• Haha
Reactions: ninjag, Garrett 69, Marky79 and 1 other person
Came for the double entendres - wasn’t disappointed.

I don’t flash to rebuke a driver’s behaviour as if they are that reckless they may well have anger management issues.

The only times I do are:

* to try to flag down a car in front due to a visible bulge in their tyre or smoke pouring out the back. They probably called me knob before I got their attention but hey ho.

* Car driving at night in town with no lights on

With the drop in driving standards since lockdown and fewer Roads police, I just treat all other cars as if they are uninsured and don’t care.

• Haha
Reactions: Nanashi