Do you have to be a plumber to own an Audi TT.

Liam De Siuin

Reaction score
Water cascading down behind glove box saturating carpet and any unlucky passenger that happens to be sitting there.

Removed the glove box, photo attached and water appears to be coming from the heating ducts.

Removed the plastic cover under bonnet at windscreen and could clearly see residual water at passenger side.

Cleared away debris, leaves, twigs +++ and discovered a drain hole. Flushed this out with a garden hose and water was now running out underneath car.

Will do same on drivers side next week when we return from London.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Now when the rear door is raised on this Audi water pours out of the door box section and lashes into the boot compartment ruining any clothes and other precious items one might have in here.

This car with only 100 K on the clock is the worst and most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. I must say though I love the damn thing !!

How about a recent mechanical failure, one of many by the way in the past 4 years or so.

Car left in to our Audi main dealer in my county for a simple service. No worries car returned with a misfire. Brought the car back the following day to have this misfire analised and guess what, 4 weeks later and an enormous bill received it was fixed, but only after many visits to the garage myself and offering the possibility to the supervisor that it may just be a Lamda sensor !!!. [ Researched myself through an Audi forum. ] No definitely not said Audi experts as this would show up on the diagnostic machine. Off I go on vacation as I just couldnt take any more nonesense from them, I also said they didnt have an open cheque book to work with. They removed a perfectly new set of coils which I had just installed and said they were junk, they were Bosch coils, removed a full set of fairly new plugs, and replaced them with their own, emptied the fuel tank and fitted a new fuel pump. This went on and on and on. Guess what, received a text just before we returned from our break, car was up and running perfectly, asked what was the problem.....Lamda Sensor !!

Still to pay them for all the parts they kept relacing of which there was absolutely no need for at all. Reduced invoice was still nearly € 1000.00 + € 360.00 for the standard service.

A Lamda Sensor is quite a cheap component to replace, just need to know what one is about when carrying out the diagnostic check. Reall any experienced mechanic would have spotted this or at least considered the possibility of it being faulty.

Basically their senior mechanic just kept taking out excellent components, replacing them with their new ones for no other reason other than sheer incompetance, yet I had to pay dearly for this.

Anyway, down to being a plumber now and trying to solve this issue myself. Main dealer might suggest I was driving it whilst it was raining and should know better.

I feel that your sad tale is very believable and possibly too typical of what the experts at Audi dealerships hand out, though sorry for any good techs out there, but that is how things pan out for too many customers.

Maybe too much pressure on selling and so fitting new parts - any non Audi sourced parts being removed and replaced as a matter of fact - though how/why that is being done when the Audi tech has available a perfectly usable diagnostic kit, though if this car was not handing out any Lambda sensor associated faults it just points to him/her not being very handy with cars!

Live and learn, invest in tools and have a go at doing jobs yourself