Do you think I have been ripped off?

Ringway

Reaction score
paid £80 to service my A4 B8, work done was to do an oil change, air and cabin filter by my local indy. I also supplied all the genuine parts and 5Ltr quantum oil. I think I have been ripped off dont you?

Yeah, it's not like he has overheads like heating, electric, staff wages, rent, rates, business tax and staff wages to worry about. If you think you have been over charged take it up with him.

Reactions: DAYTONA 500, T-800, jdp1962 and 1 other person
Yeah, it's not like he has overheads like heating, electric, staff wages, rent, rates, business tax and staff wages to worry about. If you think you have been over charged take it up with him.
Oh Yes, I will not be going back there again!

Reactions: sidibear
Seems a bit dear given you supplied parts.

did he top up all levels, grease door hinges, scan it with VCDS? not knowing the area you live makes it hard, if he charges £50 PH thats £60 with VAT for an hours work, and the work you had done is an hour (if not more by the time paper work is done)

paid £80 to service my A4 B8, work done was to do an oil change, air and cabin filter by my local indy. I also supplied all the genuine parts and 5Ltr quantum oil. I think I have been ripped off dont you?
Personally, no, I don't think you got ripped off!

Did you not get a quote prior to the work undertaken?

For me personally, I'd just pay for the oil to be changed, the air and cabin filters are very simple diy jobs.

I paid £199 for just an oil change from Audi, something I can do myself, but I thought it was worthwhile to maintain 100% Audi service history, as my car is still worth quite a bit! But I did the rest of the service myself.

£80 to carry out the work you've listed doesn't sound at all excessive to me. As @sidibear points out, the business has overheads to cover.

Reactions: T-800
That's positively a bargain compared to some Audi dealer charges.......

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
did he top up all levels, grease door hinges, scan it with VCDS? not knowing the area you live makes it hard, if he charges £50 PH thats £60 with VAT for an hours work, and the work you had done is an hour (if not more by the time paper work is done)
None of the above tou listed was carried out all he didnwas empty my oil and fill car up with my own supplied oil and fix all the filters i supplied myself thats the thing.