Does anyone know how much i can lower my A3?

mosher11

Reaction score
Hi,
I have an A3 2.0 FSI petrol 2004.
With 18's on and was wanting to lower by 40mm.
Phoned a couple of places today and one place said i can only lower a max of 25mm!!
The other place said a max of 30mm?
Are they thinking my audi has the 25mm lowered sport suspension?
As it hasn't?

Any help from anyone that has lowered this type of car would be mucho appreciated.

Thanks.

2.O FSI 2004 A3 PETROL.
I would like to lower it by between 35 - 40mm.
has anyone did this?

I put H&R springs on mine and it lowered it by 35mm and that was from sport suspension.

In my opinion it now looks just right:icon_thumright:

Think the S3 is 35mm lower over standard i believe. so not full of knowledge but i also think other S3 owners on here have lowered further. Maybe 40mm is achieveable but don't know what you would need to do this correctly.

marriedblonde said:
I ran my S-line with Eibach streetline kit (-55mm or -60mm cant remember) which lowered it by 30mm from stock.

Any pics?
How was the ride?

Here you go, Paul on here no owns it (gti_jazz_blue) I didn't mind the ride it was obviously firmer than stock but I didn't object. Paul on the other hand swapped the suspenion out as he found it too firm!!!!

audi_2.jpg

audi_3.jpg

audi_4.jpg

audi_5.jpg

audi_6.jpg

Reactions: Mate
Why not just get Audi to fit sports suspension to your car. You won't lose your warranty and you'll know that the parts and work are good quality. I don't particularly like cars that have been lowered too much as it detracts from the original look of the car. Audi sports suspension IMO. More than enough.

Here you go, Paul on here no owns it (gti_jazz_blue) I didn't mind the ride it was obviously firmer than stock but I didn't object. Paul on the other hand swapped the suspenion out as he found it too firm!!!!

audi_2.jpg

audi_3.jpg

audi_4.jpg

audi_5.jpg

audi_6.jpg

Is this lowered 35mm?