Does anyone know this car?

chrissy1502002

Reaction score
Good morning all

you may remember I posted about a week ago reference an A3 I was going to have a look at. Well I have just purchased the A3 S-line Quattro Special edition. I just thought I would see if anyone knew the car as it has been modified and maintained by Awesome Gti. The Reg is HY06 EJN, and below is a link to the car:

http://www.churchsperformancecars.co.uk/detail.asp?StockID=1001

If anyone does know the car I would love to know a bit about it.

Regards

Chris

Thanks, I cant wait to pick it up. Even better was the fact that the garage didnt realise that it had S3 front brakes on it, so all in all a bit of a bargain.

Yeah, i got if for just over 10k, which i thought was a fair price, they are also putting new front tyres on, 6 month warranty and a load of little niggles, because im fussy lol

Yeah, i got if for just over 10k, which i thought was a fair price, they are also putting new front tyres on, 6 month warranty and a load of little niggles, because im fussy lol

That seems fair, they were being a bit cheeky at the asking price.

Good work :)

you should be changing all 4 tyres at the same time fella seen as it's a quattro tell them to read the service guide for the car:icon_thumright:

So what makes this a special edition? Seems like dealer speak to me!

Thaks everyone for your kind comments.

Mod wise ive just ordered the modified oem DV as it has the standard one atm. Its already got a TB miltek and AMD remap, so a forge short shift is in oreder i think lol.

To be honest i have a little list on my computer of mods that i want to do, like the facelift rear lights, facelift light switch and so on.

I have a Ibiza Cupra at the moment and thats has got the following mods:

Stage 2 Jabbasport map
Jabbasport boost control
Forge Sidemount Intercooler
Forge 007P Diverter Valve
Miltek turboback exhaust including 100 cell race cat
Modified air box with additional cold air feed
Front upper Seat Sport strut brace
Unmarked 17' OZ ultraleggeras wrapped in Yokohama prada spec2's
Porsche Callipers with 305mm Cupra R Disks
TT Short shifter
10mm spacers on rear
LCR Splitter
5000K 55w HID's in dipped beam
6000K HID's in front fog lights
LED number plate bulbs
LED rear replacement bulbs
All interior bulbs replaced with LED's
Harman Kardon iPod interface
Rear Polo wiper
Front end covered in a clear plastic stone protector
Sigma alarm with window closure/pin start/auto lock
Upgraded door speakers along with tweeters
Boot build consisting on an Alpine monoblock amplifier and a JL Audio Subwoofer in a custom enclosure

So no doubt i will aim to have the A3 around the same sort of spec.

Regards

Chris

Nice car mate. I've got the same wheels on mine and think they look great on the 8P. Get some more pics up once you've collected it ... and enjoy your drive home!

Im sure it will be one of the best drive home ive had lol, especially as i knoe the roads and they are nice and twisty, so should be able to see the Quattro work its magic :blackrs4:

I owned the car from new , wrote it off in 2007 , Only kidding , whats the special edition ? about it ..

when i first read that i was ****** worried lol, the only differances that i know of are full leather interior and the 18 inch BBS alloys. I used to work for Portsmouth Audi and they were the only extras over the standard sline from memory.

The best part is the Bi-Xenons for me. I spent ages trying to find a Quattro sline with xenons. So its a bit of a result for me :thumbsup:

I had an S-Line Special Edition before and the differences were the full leather seats and the BBS wheels as Chris says, but it was also about 2k cheaper than the normal model!

you should be changing all 4 tyres at the same time fella seen as it's a quattro tell them to read the service guide for the car:icon_thumright:

I thought that aswell but asked a few audi garages,plus tyre suppliers & a techy and they all said didnt really make any difference as long as there roughly wearing same ie if you have 3 with a 2.5mm on and you have a puncture you cant repair on one you cant be expected to buy 4new ones,so now confused:sos: