Does my 2.5 v6 Tdi have common rail ?

miniturhero

Reaction score
I have a 2002 a4 2.5 Tdi and I'm wondering if mine has a common rail as I've heard that they do and I've heard they don't ? Also what will it look like if I do will it be like a ordinary long fuel rail ? Or a square with all my injector hoses coming out please can anyone help and possibly any pictures of what I'm looking for ?

ny thanks in advance :)

Check you engine code. If it starts with an A then no. If it's a B series engine then yes. But on a 2002 you will most than likely have an A series engine. B series was from 2004 I think.

None of the 2.5 TDI V6's had common rail injection. They use a Bosch VP44 injection pump with Bosch mechanical injectors regardless the engine code.
The A4 received common rail diesels starting with the B7, with the 2.7/3.0 V6 TDI's.

Reactions: Nigel copner
Thanks for the info guys ! I was only wondering as I had one of those chip tuning boxes given to me for nothing and think they new a common rail to be installed ?

Thanks for the info guys ! I was only wondering as I had one of those chip tuning boxes given to me for nothing and think they new a common rail to be installed ?

You can get them for the VP44 pump. I had one on my 2001 A6 2.5 tdi. What make and model is the chip tuning box?