Does my A3 Have BOSE?

dkelly

Reaction score
I've got an A3 with BOSE covered speakers but the sound quality is no better than my 2 previous Audis (without BOSE). Is there any way of checking if I actually do have BOSE?

When i turn the radio on it says BOSE, but i have read that this can be shown, even if it isn't fitted, with VAG.COM. Also i can change the GALA settings but i understand from the manual that when BOSE is fitted, GALA is disabled but replaced with a different option.

Any ideas?

DK

Have a look at the sub woofer in the lefthand cubbyhole in the boot.
If it has one speaker it's not Bose, if it has 2 small 4" speakers then it is Bose. Also, in the righhand cubbyhole you will have a small black Bose amp stuffed down behind the rear light cluster.

Hi Andy

Thanks but i have just checked and there aren'y any cubby holes in the boot. I know what you mean though as my 2 A4's had them. Is there any other tell tales?

Cheers

DK

DOH

So simple yet genius. Why didn't i think of that.

Thanks

DK:ermm:

Please let us know how you get on destroying one of your doorcards.
The grilles don't unscrew (it's not a Golf), the grilles are hot glued to the door card, you have to remove the whole door card to get to the speakers. Or you could just trust that someone hasn't replaced all the doorcards with Bose versions and trust that it is a Bose system. The fact it sounds pretty average doesn't mean it isn't Bose.
A quick call to an Audi dealer with the VIN and they will also be able to tell you if the car was supplied with Bose upgrade.

im think mine is bose because of the amp, but i definately have got no sub? is a that a common thing for the car to be uprgraded with bose system but then no sub bein included????

All A3's have a sub whether 8L or 8P chassis, and regardless of Bose or non Bose. The Bose sub is more powerful than the non Bose.
All A3 subs are located in the left rear cubbyhole.

i would say that it IS bose given what you say; I had an A3 with Bose and whilst the sound was ok, its not as good as an A4(b6) even non bose models..
I assume the bose signs are silver strips along the top of the speaker grilles rather than the badge like on the a4 range..?