Does new car still take SD cards for Music?

Mike.46

Reaction score
Just as the title tbh

Reactions: Add_Profile
No. SD card and DVD is removed. You would need a USB to SD card adaptor.

No. SD card and DVD is removed. You would need a USB to SD card adaptor.
Thats sh*t then
Whats the best way to play my 2 sd cards then besides an adaptor?

Or what other options do I have

Thats sh*t then

What phone do you have? Some phones have micro sd slots and you could play via the phones media player (not spotify) connected to the car with either bluetooth or usb, or if the phone has sufficient internal storage for all your music you could negate the SD completely.

Thats sh*t then

That is the only way - or transfer to a USB type C stick.

To be fair I never use the DVD player or SD card function and I forget it is even there!

What phone do you have? Some phones have micro sd slots and you could play via the phones media player (not spotify) connected to the car with either bluetooth or usb, or if the phone has sufficient internal storage for all your music you could negate the SD completely.
Not quite that easy, my wife doesnt like mobile phones so she has my old ones and would never sort it out when she was out in the car, Sd card is/was
ok for her

Does it have a hard drive to store CD's if they are played in the car?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Extract from standard RS3 spec. in Build your Audi -

· Jukebox hard drive memory for music (10GB)
· DVD drive for music CDs and video DVDs
· 2 x SDXC card reader
· 2x USB charging points
· AUX-IN

Reactions: Mike.46, HereWeGo and Terminator x
On the basis of the above, I had assumed that I would simply be able to transfer my SD card over. However, on checking the Owners Manual, the only hardware mentioned is the two USB ports. So, the only way to hardwire anything would be via them, with the simplest (non-device) options being either an SD card adaptor or a USB drive. Unfortunately, the manual also recommends using an extension cable for such connections, in order to protect the ports from damage, which will be a much less satisfactory solution, compared to simply placing an SD card in a slot in the glove box, which is rather disappointing.

Reactions: Mike.46
That’s annoying as I had a copy of my iTunes library on an sd card and had hoped to be able to just pop it in there and leave it there.

Spotify is great but the sound quality is down a bit compared to fully remastered and error corrected sound files.

I spent about a month adding my CD collection (remember them??) to SD card via digital remastering software prior to getting the S3 to fully make use of the B&O system. Won't be an issue to get this onto a drive but an SD card slot would've been nice still.

If all else fails, we can always listen to the old classic 5 Pot ft. Turbo and their smash hit 'Full Gas'

Reactions: RS03??? and Snake Pliskin
2a361f81d8d38fc6762c6a1320780ed5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RSt3ve
Looks neat that.
I'm trying on of these at the moment, only problem with it is a blue flashing light which I covered.
20220303 184738
20220303 205142

Card reader

Thanks for the pictures. I bought one of these from Amazon £6.99:

Integral Micro SD USB3.0/USB-C Type-C OTG Memory Card Reader Adapter- Super Fast Transfer Speeds, Plug & Play and Compatible with microSDXC / microSDHC UHS-I U1 & U3​

I copied all my music to a Micro SD Card, and results are excellent. The USB connector recognised the music immediately. Thanks for the comments above.