Does the 2.0tfsi suffer from oil pump issues?

darrenmarky

Reaction score
As per title, excuse my ignorance as I have limited knowledge with these engines , is there any preventative measures to offset and risk of this failure? I constantly see posts on fb and forums regarding oil pump failure, my cars 16 years old on 80k , oil’s changed every year (3-4K miles ) it’s had a new chain and tensioner and prior to my ownership it’s had one other owner with fmdsh

Isn’t there a freewheeling balance shaft sprocket option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No drama with my 2.0T so far engine wise.
My car has a BUL engine and is currently on 141Kmiles, has just the one previous owner who kept a fair stack of paper work etc.

major work done to it engine wise- cambelt and timing chain have been replace in the past 2 years at 125k and 135k respectively.

haven’t replaced pick up pipe and no apparent issues so far. I have it but waiting for the time to do it myself or for the (original?)clutch to go as it’s a Quattro which requires the sun frame being messed with.
Oil changes with Mobil 1 done regularly.

I've been following this kind of psychological phenomenon for some years now across the tdi and tfsi spectrum .

The consensus is there are those that believe some A4 paper and branded oil can overcome some planned obsolescence engineering .

Utterly fascinating...

I've been following this kind of psychological phenomenon for some years now across the tdi and tfsi spectrum .

The consensus is there are those that believe some A4 paper and branded oil can overcome some planned obsolescence engineering .

Utterly fascinating...
I know the psychology behind why and what people post is utterly fascinating.

Can you shed some of your extensive knowledge on the situation for your fellow forum users?