Does the A3 have offset pedals?

ahfh1

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering if the A3 8V has offset pedals in the manual?

If so, is this annoying and is it easy to get used to?

Thanks

No offset as far as I can tell. Test drove the A4 and the offset is ****** awful!

I was watching a youtube review on the Mercedes CLK coupe and they commented on how the offset was aweful. The pedals were to the right and the steering wheel was to the left, which meant it wasn't very driver focused.

I thought the A3 manual has slightly offset pedals, my old 1 series did and it caused massive discomfort in my right knee

RHD manual cars always have slightly offset pedals but it's nothing to worry about in the A3. As mentioned above the A4 is utterly ridiculous, the clutch pedal is actually in line with the steering column!

Didn't notice it at all when I test drove the S3 manual - felt the same as my Golf.

I thought the A3 manual has slightly offset pedals, my old 1 series did and it caused massive discomfort in my right knee

There is no offset with the A3 and not one review of the car has ever mentioned it. Which, if there was, that would have been one of the main comments. I certainly feel no difference in the positioning of the pedals going from either my focus or from my partners fiesta...

I have a manual A3 and there's pretty well zero pedal offset. Having suffered from back problems in the past that was one of the main factors that made me chose an A3 over a 1 series.

S3 LHD manual no offset whatsoever.

Reactions: veeeight
S3 LHD manual no offset whatsoever.

There never is with LHD cars :p

The problem is a lack of space behind the bulkhead in the centre of the car. On LHD cars this is where the throttle pedal is but these are all just potentiometers these days with no mechanical linkage behind them. On RHD cars the clutch pedal is near the centre and this obviously needs a mechanical linkage behind it, which takes up space which sometimes just isn't there.

Reactions: driver_tim
The VW golf that I drive now has offset pedals. The clutch is pretty much underneath the steering wheel. Never really noticed it though before in the past. But the more I drive it the more I notice it. Hope its not the same in the A3.

There never is with LHD cars :p

The problem is a lack of space behind the bulkhead in the centre of the car. On LHD cars this is where the throttle pedal is but these are all just potentiometers these days with no mechanical linkage behind them. On RHD cars the clutch pedal is near the centre and this obviously needs a mechanical linkage behind it, which takes up space which sometimes just isn't there.

Sucks for you guys with s3s, no chrome footrest, no possibility of getting a chrome gear knob and now possible offset on pedals ... Makes you want to emigrate lol.

Aluminium pedals 2

I have found these ones from Kufatec and i am considered if i should buy or not ...the cost is about 200,00 euros

Sucks for you guys with s3s, no chrome footrest, no possibility of getting a chrome gear knob and now possible offset on pedals ... Makes you want to emigrate lol.

Yeah, but not to Belgium! :moa:

Reactions: Battlekrapz
Doesn't look like there's any offset thank goodness!

Those pedals look smart, albeit pricey!

Just for look I think. I have them. Not noticed any extra grip (or any less, though I did only do a single journey with the stock pedals!)

I've found a slight offset on ours. This in itself is not too bad. What I do find uncomfortable is the fact that the pedals are stepped. The accelerator pedal is set low with the break pedal about an inch higher. The clutch is an inch higher than the break pedal. As this is our first Audi I'm wondering if this is the norm. Can anyone confirm this?

Cal.

£55 looks more realistic for genuine Audi pedals.

Are these just for the look or do racing pedals genuinely enhance the 'feel' e.g. provide more grip on your shoe?

I think they really finish the interior off nicely.

I've found a slight offset on ours. This in itself is not too bad. What I do find uncomfortable is the fact that the pedals are stepped. The accelerator pedal is set low with the break pedal about an inch higher. The clutch is an inch higher than the break pedal. As this is our first Audi I'm wondering if this is the norm. Can anyone confirm this?

Cal.

Interesting. I'd also like to know this.