Does the (B9) S4 come with folding mirrors as standard?

Ed666

Reaction score
And if anyone has the full *Real* spec for the S4 (B9) that would be super handy as i have seen a lot of people saying they either have or haven't got things mentioned in the specs.

PFL cars definitely did not have them as standard.
Don't know about FL cars but Audi chop and change standard spec year on year which doesn't help.

My 2017 S4 B9 has them but they are listed as an option if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2017 S4 B9 has them but they are listed as an option if that helps.

Okay thanks for the reply - Can i ask what year your car is - I know you mentioned its 2017 but is that the build year or first reg?
Thanks again

PFL cars definitely did not have them as standard.
Don't know about FL cars but Audi chop and change standard spec year on year which doesn't help.

Ah okay thanks for that - I am not sure which min will be - Have you got a comparison picture i could see?

Okay thanks for the reply - Can i ask what year your car is - I know you mentioned its 2017 but is that the build year or first reg?
Thanks again

Don’t know build year but I expect 2017. Registered may 2017. One of the earlier ones. Seems daft to have it as an option but glad i got them.

Ah okay thanks for that - I am not sure which min will be - Have you got a comparison picture i could see?
I don't but have a search of the forum and I'm sure there will be a few discussions on FL changes.

I do know FL cars ditched the MMI control wheel and went touchscreen only (in a car not designed for touchscreen; why Audi, why?) . That's one way to spot a FL car!

If you want a FL S4 there’s a massive difference. It’s a diesel. Bit of a giveaway ! Other than that you basically have to check if the one you’re interested in has folding mirrors.

If you want a FL S4 there’s a massive difference. It’s a diesel. Bit of a giveaway ! Other than that you basically have to check if the one you’re interested in has folding mirrors.

Ah okay, the one I am looking at is petrol with the wheel - Would this be PFL?
Thanks

Don’t know build year but I expect 2017. Registered may 2017. One of the earlier ones. Seems daft to have it as an option but glad i got them.

Okay cheers pal

Ah okay, the one I am looking at is petrol with the wheel - Would this be PFL?
Thanks

Yep. There may have been some very minor changes in options pre ‘9.5’ (FL) but the big change was diesel only for S4, a bit marmite. Some minor changes inside including bigger screen and virtual console changes. Different headlight shape etc. If you’re petrol then that’s what I’d call pre facelift. Unfortunately you’re just going to need to do the legwork on options. They vary massively depending on who bought it. Some don’t even have virtual console (probably fleet cars) there’s no real standard, all different, happy hunting !

My old Jan 2018 S4 didn’t have folding mirrors or virtual cockpit.
However, now that I’ve got the virtual cockpit in my RS4, I possibly preferred the older dials. Bit of a traditionalist I guess !

Yep. There may have been some very minor changes in options pre ‘9.5’ (FL) but the big change was diesel only for S4, a bit marmite. Some minor changes inside including bigger screen and virtual console changes. Different headlight shape etc. If you’re petrol then that’s what I’d call pre facelift. Unfortunately you’re just going to need to do the legwork on options. They vary massively depending on who bought it. Some don’t even have virtual console (probably fleet cars) there’s no real standard, all different, happy hunting !

MMI is completely different . And touschscreen , no wheel…

Reactions: Steff8
My old Jan 2018 S4 didn’t have folding mirrors or virtual cockpit.
However, now that I’ve got the virtual cockpit in my RS4, I possibly preferred the older dials. Bit of a traditionalist I guess !

I really like the VC. I’m not so sure about the RS version with the boomerang style but I wouldn’t care if I was in an RS :) I keep looking at them in Audi approved site, but only the B9 ones, prefer the styling. The S4 is so similar in many ways but it’s just not an RS. Maybe in a few years I’ll bite the bullet :)

I really like the VC. I’m not so sure about the RS version with the boomerang style but I wouldn’t care if I was in an RS :) I keep looking at them in Audi approved site, but only the B9 ones, prefer the styling. The S4 is so similar in many ways but it’s just not an RS. Maybe in a few years I’ll bite the bullet :)

I don’t have the boomerang one, it’s a 20019 B9 with the good old fashioned MMI dial and the circular rev counter that goes green, amber then red when switched into manual…. I do like that bit lots to be fair :icon thumright:

Reactions: Steff8
And if anyone has the full *Real* spec for the S4 (B9) that would be super handy as i have seen a lot of people saying they either have or haven't got things mentioned in the specs.
I used this PDF:
to help me decide on what options I wanted when buying my car, from page 33 it lists what's standard on a S4, although I'm not sure if the standard options changed throughout the B9's production