Does the car come delivered with the flexible service regime set

maw444

Reaction score
If you order a factory built A3 does it come with the standard fixed servicing interval or flexible servicing set? If so can you get this changed or do you have to ask the dealer to change it before you pick it up?

If you order a factory built A3 does it come with the standard fixed servicing interval or flexible servicing set? If so can you get this changed or do you have to ask the dealer to change it before you pick it up?
Mine came with flexible service intervals set: despite me asking the dealer to set up fixed intervals! I wish you better luck than I had.

Just to clarify, the fixed servicing is every 10k miles / 12 months, and flexible is 20k miles / 24 months?
I though all oil and fluids are topped from the factory and not something the dealer would look to set up? Eg...I do not see the logic in the dealer receiving the car, and removing perfectly good oil (albeit for the flexible servicing regime) and re-filling with the fixed service oils, unless I'm missing the point here?
My Seat car (which shares the same production line as some Audis) in Spain, came with flexible servicing, so I just serviced it 18 months in (as per lease contract to service once in 24 months) to fixed service schedule. Ironically, when it went for its service (6 months early), after replacing the factory Castrol oil with Texaco oil (accoriding to dealer), I felt the car performed worse, backed by much poorer mpg (2-3 mpg worse off all things equal) figures, and this trend continued until it was returned. Engine was a 1.0TSI 110 DSG7