Does this seem like a good deal?

G19rnt

Reaction score
hi I've got a set of 17" a3 sport alloys the ones similar to the a4 s line 5 spokes in need of a refurb and tyres anyway I've also got a set of 18" a3 s line wheels without tyres and in reasonable condition just a few kerb marks and a little bubbling around a couple of the valves so I went to my local wheel refurbishment place and they said £200 to refurb the 17s and fit the tyres or a straight swap for the 18s does it seem a good deal?the above picture is the 18s and the tyres are on the legal limit

Do you reckon there worth 300?i wasn't sure on a price but when he said 200 or straight swap I thought he must b making a profit or he wouldn't do it he also said he wasn't bothered even if they were buckled as I said before I sell I was going to remove the old illegal tyres and check them on a balancer to make sure there not buckled which is more money but would rather that than risk selling someone buckled wheels so not sure what to do now

The 18s go for about 300-400 depending on condition but usually with tyres. They're the prices I came accross when I was looking for them a year ago. But then I got a bargain on some rs4 style alloys and bought them instead lol

Thanks for your opinions guys much appreciated mine are definitely in better condition than the eBay link you posted I might try them on eBay if I got £300 that's a £100 towards the new kenwood head unit I want lol it just seems less hassle trading them in