Does your windows do this?

aliwtsnS5

Reaction score
Took delivery last week of the S5 Sportback......pictures to follow once I get the ceramic coating done this week.

So, you lock the car as normal but when I unlock it with a single click the drivers side window drops down like 3 inches ?!? Seems a little random it's almost like its a convenience feature for whatever but it's far from convenient when it's tipping it down with rain and it opens! :scared2:

I have looked in the MMI settings and changed the windows up on longs press of the remote key but no other options.

It's looking like it needs the window regulators recalibrate but thought I would check to see if anyone else's does this.

Yup they are, I mean I know they have to drop to let the glass go under the lip but not by 3 or 4 inches.......having said that I just unlocked it there and it didn't do it. So it seems I normally drive short distances with the window down a little in town (to hear the exhaust lol) and it must have some sort of memory that when you unlock it after having locked it in a short time that the window drops to the previous height to which you had it at.

Seems strange I can't really see the benefit of it tbh.

In my bmw coupe the car did this if the unlock button was pressed twice in quick successions

Unlock once and the windows did not roll down 2 3rds which is for wase of entering/exiting vehicle when parked in tight spaces

Hmmm, mine doesn't do that. Only drops when I pull the door handle and that's only a couple of cm.