Dogbone Mount

PostieStew

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m just wondering where people have brought their Dogbone Mounts from and if there’s any good ones to look out for for a facelift 2.0 tfsi auto.
Any help will be much appreciated.

cheers

Hi mate, most go to places like AwesomeGTI they may need to see your current one .. few kicking about POWERFLEX / REVO etc

Dont turn your nose up just yet but the unbranded ones are fine, less than £20 off ebay. My mate had a Revo one on his "R" and in our lab at work we tested hardness and they were exactly the same, and fitted perfectly, after about 30K miles there was no issue at all. so dont waste your money on an expensive one that wont even get seen. dont forget there are two types I think so make sure you get the right one.

Have a look at ECS mounts (awesome gti sell them). It integrates an upper and a lower, in urethane in one mount. Better option than metal IMO as I bent mine (forge) on day one.

How the hell did you bend it?

744 nm of torque :)

But it's not uncommon on cars that are launched a lot. Lower mounts take a lot of deflection. An upper mount really is needed - see 034 motor sports for videos of what happens under stress with no upper mount. The ECS design in urethane I think offers the best design as it is stiff, but can still flex and return to shape and integrates an upper and lower mount into 1.

I actually have one unused available if you have any interest in it. They go for £58, I'd go £45+shipping

Edit: I also have a BFI (Black Forrest industries) street mount that came with my motor mounts and is unneeded. Anyone who wants to pay shipping can have this no charge :). It's a softer rubber, but fills most of the void better than a metal mount.

Ended up going with an East Coast Euro complete dog bone replacement, with is awesome, but loads vibration, so probably not for everyone.

IMG 3960IMG 3961IMG 3962

Last edited:
Hi all, I’m just wondering where people have brought their Dogbone Mounts from and if there’s any good ones to look out for for a facelift 2.0 tfsi auto.
Any help will be much appreciated.

cheers
I've had the Revo one on my RS3 I was gonna go for the forge but I was advised to go Revo because some people had been having issues with the forge.

Some great advice guys , thank you.
Gonna speak to my local Revo dealer in St Albans and see if they have one suitable for my car. If no luck there then I’ll go for the one on awesome gti .