Done some stuff

Audi McAudiface

Reaction score
Good morning fellow Audi lovers! Done some bits and bobs to my S3 and I thought I would put some pictures up
b57f602cf373ab9e83d4cd2514942415.jpg

eab4b25e94f9e9f6fa7ce12a216eb687.jpg

9e685b6e6568f3f42d4daae0610db1bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, THQuattro, MikeParkin and 2 others
Looking good, is that the full Maxton kit ? I looked for the rear bumper splitters but they don’t make them for the 3dr.

Yeah mike it’s full kit! Maybe out of stock with the rear skirts, I ordered it a few weeks ago and got them no probs! I think try set the rear sides off nicely so try get them

I’m waiting on my sticker reg coming tomorrow, got to put the reg up on the dash just now but it looks terrible

Not sure if it's the angle of the pic or not but either the rear Audi rings or your rear plate isn't centred, Maxton kit looks good though

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
Well spotted hawkeye! It’s the angle I took the picture from, just went out with a tape measure to check reg plate as badge went on exactly where the old one came off

Reactions: Adam14
Yeah mike it’s full kit! Maybe out of stock with the rear skirts, I ordered it a few weeks ago and got them no probs! I think try set the rear sides off nicely so try get them

Was it for 3 or sportback? I spoke with Maxton and they said they would not be making them for the 3dr that’s all.

Maybe it was sportback but they fit perfectly

Reactions: MikeParkin
Could you send me some pictures of the fitment please.

Hey! Another 3 door!

Reactions: MikeParkin
love the Maxton kits, but the rear audi rings are way off, plus the front rings don't look right.
I'm pretty sure the rear rings are correct, if you look at the fins on the bottom of the bumper skirt you can see that he's stood well to the left when taking the photo, thus introducing a large parallax error between the wiper and the centre of the rings.

I agree about the bonnet rings though, they don't look great. I wonder what they would look like sprayed red and moved down onto the grille?

I'm not trying to be controversial for the sake of it, honest I'm not, but I don't think the plate is central.

I'd bet my best conker that it was eight millimetres or so too far to the left.

Scaling off the screen image it looks closer to the left than the right. The photo is taken from a position slightly left of centre too, and that would serve to make the distance from the right hand end of the plate to the rear light/ boot edge appear shorter than that on the left.

It's perspective and how it makes stuff further away appear smaller and all that.

Except that here it doesn't.

Not that it really matters, of course, since you can't see your car's rear end when you're in it, and most normal peeps either wouldn't notice or couldn't care less.

:friends:

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam14
The reg plate guy had put it 20mm to one side, it’s centred now, there was still a slight mark where the original rings were so I was able to put the new one on in the same place! Thanks for the replys

I'm pretty sure the rear rings are correct, if you look at the fins on the bottom of the bumper skirt you can see that he's stood well to the left when taking the photo, thus introducing a large parallax error between the wiper and the centre of the rings.

I agree about the bonnet rings though, they don't look great. I wonder what they would look like sprayed red and moved down onto the grille?
That would look worse, With badges they either need to be as original as possible (Location / colour) or removed all together.
Anyway the OP has a nice car either way and he's obviously happy with it which is all that matters.