Dont think my car has 270 bhp that it apparently should???

nath-w

Reaction score
i bought my car about 6 months ago, and was told it was 270 bhp! When i looked at all the receipts, it has had a miltek exhaust fitted, a stage 2 remap and a diverter valve and k&N panel filter fitted, but it doesnt feel like 270 bhp.

Does anyone know what sort of bhp my 2001 facelift s3 should roulghly be kicking out with all the above fitted??

about 260ish. Whos the map by? 270 is very optomistic for such little mods, for 270 you'd be looking at DP, decat or sports cat, uprated hoses etc.

DIsconnect the battery overnight and then do a throttle body reset and see if it makes any difference.

If not, get it on VAG.com and see if you have DTC's to point to the issue.

Last edited:
have you been in a 270 S3 then ?

I'd be surprised if in that spec it will be 270bhp.

One thing I do find is that you get used to your car. It feels slow to you, but actually you can 'normalise' to it.

Occasionally I use my wife's pool cars which have crap power, then when you get back in your own car you realise its quick.

I'd be surprised if in that spec it will be 270bhp.

One thing I do find is that you get used to your car. It feels slow to you, but actually you can 'normalise' to it.

Occasionally I use my wife's pool cars which have crap power, then when you get back in your own car you realise its quick.

Very true mate,

Doesnt matter how quick your car is you always get to that point where it doesnt feel quick anymore, or at least to the point where it feels the same everyday.

Until that is you jump into your girlfriends 1.4 fiesta and back into the audi.

same here...the missus has a 2 litre dti zafira and its just a little slower :)

I bought my car few months ago but still no idea what bhp im pushing out

Think i need 2 get it on a rolling road soon

I would try and get a little ride with someone who has done a remap since owning there car with similar power figures an see how it compares to yours or in the right environment have a straight line race. If your car is miles off then the previous owner is a liar or your car has a fault

What cars are you comparing it to? Dont forget you lose a lot of bhp through the transmision, im losin 80bhp through mine!

What cars are you comparing it to? Dont forget you lose a lot of bhp through the transmision, im losin 80bhp through mine!

80Bhp! Thats ridiculous, didnt think the quattro system robbed that much, aknew we lost alot but 80brek! What else can be done to get more power to the wheels apart from a lightened flywheel?

I bought my car few months ago but still no idea what bhp im pushing out

Think i need 2 get it on a rolling road soon

Yeah me too, it should be interesting to see the final figures!

80 BHP is discusting isnt it does it vary from car to car though?

Lol i had to use the gf's 1.0 polo the other day getting in to my car was heaven after that and indeed felt rapid

i drive my mums 1.4 polo once every few week to keep the smile on my face with the s3.

Drive works Transit van through week couldnt pull the skin off a custard.

Always feels good gettin bk into the Audi.

i am comparing to my previous car really which was an mr2 turbo, which was modded up to 260 ish bhp, and that car i think felt quicker. Even though i suppose it is a lot more irratic to drive due to the rear wheel drive and no traction control. the remap was done by a company in manchester called awesome tuning.

do you think its worth getting it rolling roaded and looked at again as this was done nearly two years ago now.

Just seen the company that did my remap being advertised on here, so i take they are a good company then!!!

Just seen the company that did my remap being advertised on here, so i take they are a good company then!!!

JC has been on the scene longer than I care to remember - I've been reading about his Golfs (and now other VAG cars) in all the major car mags for years (I'm 37 - internet wasn't around when I got my first Golf!!!! )

I get into my S3 at the weekend and it always seems slow, but only after a week commuting on my Thunderace :)

But it does go around the corners quicker...

Cheers,