Don't trust eurocarparts - I learned my lesson!

Paul Atherton

Reaction score
I picked up two rear brake hoses from eurocarparts (ECP), entering my reg plate as instructed, and there was only one choice for rear brake hose - so I thought, it has to be the right one right? Wrong! I also picked up two new rear callipers from a different supplier, and noticed that the threaded hole for the hose has a concave seat - I then checked the hose and this also has a concave seat. So I looked up the part number in the audi catalog (4F0 611 775 D) and searched for this on-line, to see images of the correct hose, and indeed, it has a convex mating surface - for the concave seat in the hole of the calliper. So I have ordered another two new hoses. Hoping ECP will take the wrong ones back but will see.

So this is the hose supplied by ECP:
IMG 20210308 163418
And the calliper's female threaded hole has a concave seat, something like this:
Screenshot 2021 03 08 at 171539
And here's the image of the Alto brake hose I just ordered as the replacement:
Screenshot 2021 03 08 at 165459

Hopefully this might help someone in the future avoid the same mistake.

Reactions: daytonamart
I should add, that I unscrewed my old hose fitting from my old calliper to check that - the threaded hole in the old calliper has the same concave mating surface as my new calliper, but I noticed that the hose fitting on the old hose was not perfect either. Sure it has a slightly convex surface similar to the new hose I ordered, but it is a very small surface area compared to my newly ordered hose (pic above) which looks to have been formed simply by over tightening the fitting (squashing it into submission) - so I suspect it has never had the correct hose fitted - so wonder how many other Audi drivers also have this issue without realising it?

Reactions: K96