Door card - lighting question

Lee_R

Reaction score
Are the door cards the same whether you have the interior light pack or not?

Are there just blanks where the puddle lights go and are the little clear windows still in the door handle cavity?

No, the bottom has a recess where the light would go, but it's easy to cut out. The one on the edge is there, but just has a reflector in it. There are no preparations in the door handles as far as I noticed.

I dont want to lose my door handle lights if i swap my interior for one out of a car without the light pack!

Surely you could just keep the handle inserts and fit them to the new doors cards?

I've never had a card off mate, not sure whats removable or not so happy days if they are removable! :) thanks

I'm only guessing. I retrofitted the puddle light and active reflector to mine, but I didn't do the handle lights. I'd think if you are swapping the interior, the door handles will be the least of your worries!

The door comes apart into alot of different pieces so I'd imagine you'll be fine got pic somewhere of one broke up ready for builds iirc

The door cards are different depending on if you have the interior lighting pack fitted or not.

If you don't, which most of them don't, then at the bottom of the door card there will be a rectangle shaped indent where thenouddle light is meant to fit, also at the end of the door card there will be a red plastic reflector which is just a red blank and has no bulb behind it.

Cars which have the interior lighting pack will have the puddle light and the red warning lights installed along with the led on the door handle.

These lights including the door handle led can be retro fitted (check out my link in my sig).

The door handle led is pretty expansive to retro fit as you will need to buy a 2 new door handles which are £35 each from Audi. Ideally if you wanna keep them if you change door cards you cab always swap them over as they are only held on with a couple of torx screws.

The door handle led is pretty expansive to retro fit as you will need to buy a 2 new door handles which are £35 each from Audi. Ideally if you wanna keep them if you change door cards you cab always swap them over as they are only held on with a couple of torx screws.

Thats the answer i wanted, thanks! My car already has the kit so i'll have to cut the new door cards to fit my current lighting pack.

Sorry to semi hijack this thread, but can someone please direct me to a how to remove the door card?
One of my LED puddle lights has come loose and is rolling around in the door driving me CRAZY!
I need to get the door card off to get the LED out.

Look at my guide on fitting the puddle lights as that has a good set of pics and instructions. Check the link on my sig.

Thanks Robin.
Mine is a Sportback though so the trim is different.
I don't think that I need to pull the trim off mine, perhaps i'll just start with the screws.