Door handle LED lights

CK87

Reaction score
Currently in my 8V, I have door handles with a pre-made slot for a LED ambient light on the top side.
So i'm considering to buy a set of those LED bars in order to get something like this:

Upload 2019 8 22 21 23 14

The question, can somebody (who already has it fitted) show me (hopefully by a picture) how it is connected on the other side of the door panel? I do have door puddle LED already.

Reactions: AWP and alexplatts18
Search the forums. I remember a thread about the puddle light retrofit where some guy mentioned the PIN number for the LED handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search the forums. I remember a thread about the puddle light retrofit where some guy mentioned the PIN number for the LED handle.

I did, found a topic in which someone said ''3v live '' or something.. but i'd rather see a picture or something or more description on the exact location

I did, found a topic in which someone said ''3v live '' or something.. but i'd rather see a picture or something or more description on the exact location

There’s a big loom inside the door panel, a 32 pin pink connector. You have to remove the loom from the connector, there’s a pin at the end and then you can pull it out.

Connect the positive wire (Audi usually distinguishes yellow for positive and brown for ground) to pin 3 of that connector (you can use the pin numbers on the pink connector) and connect the ground wire to the thick brown wire. Test it before putting everything back together.

Ah thanks for the instructions!

But do I actually have to cut the outer layer (the brown layer) of the brown thick wire and twist the brown wire from the LED around it and use some tape to wrap it around? Isn't there just a '' hole'' in which I can insert the ground brown wire into? (sorry, still learning as a beginner! so appreciate any help in this process :) )

like the article in this link

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/3299...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_52

Ah thanks for the instructions!

But do I actually have to cut the outer layer (the brown layer) of the brown thick wire and twist the brown wire from the LED around it and use some tape to wrap it around? Isn't there just a '' hole'' in which I can insert the ground brown wire into? (sorry, still learning as a beginner! so appreciate any help in this process :) )

like the article in this link

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/3299...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_52

The big connectors you see are used to clip inside the light module. You need the smaller ones to clip into the pink 32 pin connector on the door panel.

Yes I know I have to connect one side to the light module itself. But what about my question regarding the brown wire. Couldn't I just insert the brown wire into a certain free pin slot ? or do i need to fuse it together with some other thick brown cable you've mentioned?