Door lock/actuator failure

max69vk

Reaction score
Well my drivers door unit has finally given up so it will only lock but not unlock from the remote. Thankfully I can lock & unlock manually with the key, the only bad part being that doing it this way the alarm doesn't turn off!

I've had the door lock unit out & one of the micro switches in the lock has totally disintegrated & as Audi in there infinite wisdom have glued it in place I can't even replace the part.

So does anyone know the part for the front driver door actuator I stupidly forgot to note it when I had it out the door! Also is the 3dr lock the same as the 5dr lock?

Thanks.

Right so Im fairly certian the part number I need is 4F2837016 for an A3, however I can get a new 4F2837016F for a bargain price. Thing is the 4F2837016F is listed for the A6 but as far as I'm aware it should fit (I know the 4F2837016B fits the A3,A6 +A8 so this should too?).

Hi did the part ending in f work with your A3? I have the same issue and would like to get a new part for the cost of a salvaged one

In the end I bought a 2nd hand 'b' unit stripped & cleaned it before sticking it in the car, no idea if the 'F' works but they are physically identical, not sue if the electronics are different though.