Door rattles again !!!!

ACWKGYTO

Reaction score
My previous s3 8v sb had window/door rattles that could never be rectified by the main dealers, had it in so many times. My new facelift S3 8V SB has the same, chattering/rattling when you go over any pothole, bumps in the road. Why the hell dont Audi get this right, Im sick of it ! Fantastic car apart from this !

Has anyone had this sorted out permanently at a Audi main dealer ?

Please only answer if youve got it sorted and have a known remedy, which I can also get done under warranty.

The chattering/rattling sounds like door locks or something like that and the problem is only when its wet and the windows are up and only on the driver side.

I think it’s the window seals which is why it’s only a nuisance with the windows up. Silicone from common car care products/shampoos gets on the seals. Try cleaning the seals with “gummi pflege”. This cured my rattle which was an annoying chattering near my right ear (RHD car) on certain road surfaces.

Reactions: richinsoton and KenL
Anyone else who actually got it sorted by Audi under warranty. If it was just a matter of applying gummi pflege to the seals Manchester Audi wouldnt have had it in for days on end over and over. At one point they even said the wrong parts had arrived for the car.

I think it’s the window seals which is why it’s only a nuisance with the windows up. Silicone from common car care products/shampoos gets on the seals. Try cleaning the seals with “gummi pflege”. This cured my rattle which was an annoying chattering near my right ear (RHD car) on certain road surfaces.

So you think this might help

and this !

Last edited:
Not good enough from Audi 40k car and youre messing around with window seals...theyve known about this issue for years now.

Mine will be going back for it to be put right under warranty and Audi UK will be getting it in the neck, not that it will actually do anything they are the most useless bunch of spineless morons !

Reactions: sve170 and davc

Next time read the thread properly before your reply !

Next time read the thread properly before your reply !

With that reply I'm not sure you deserve anyone's help on here!

Turn the radio up...

Reactions: Badger-a-s, richinsoton, SamR92 and 1 other person
The thread explicitly only asks for a reply from anyone who has had a permanent fix from an Audi main dealer

Ive heard all the so called fixes....

The thread explicitly only asks for a reply from anyone who has had a permanent fix from an Audi main dealer

Ive heard all the so called fixes....

Have you tried gummi pflege?

Reactions: Badger-a-s, richinsoton and SamR92
The point is I'd like a proper permanent fix from Audi, Ive never had to keep applying Gummi pfledge to any other car that Ive owned so why should I start now !

Otherwise Audi should be applying the stuff themselves as part of the service regime

The point is I'd like a proper permanent fix from Audi, Ive never had to keep applying Gummi pfledge to any other car that Ive owned so why should I start now !

Otherwise Audi should be applying the stuff themselves as part of the service regime
Thought about getting a different car if it’s annoying you that much? Would certainly be a permanent fix, but you might be surprised to know there are a lot more than just Audi’s that rattle

Reactions: richinsoton, AllanG and KenL
Thought about getting a different car if it’s annoying you that much? Would certainly be a permanent fix, but you might be surprised to know there are a lot more than just Audi’s that rattle

Thanks for that pearl of wisdom

Really helpful

Well ther

It happens to other cars as well. In the second video you posted the chap says he read about gummi pflege on a BMW forum (and the car in the video is a Golf). There's isn't a permanent fix for something caused by dirt and other contaminants on the seals. You seem to be suggesting that Audi should make cars that don't get dirty.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenL
Well ther

It happens to other cars as well. In the second video you posted the chap says he read about gummi pflege on a BMW forum. There's isn't a permanent fix for something caused by dirt and other contaminants on the seals.

You sound for a moment like you might actually know what youre talking about !

Turn the radio up...
Doing that in my car makes the ****** doors rattle ***.

Sorry Audi but yer cars are over priced and under engineered. You should have applied decent sound deadening material in the doors to cope with the "advanced sound system" that you make your customers pay a lot of money for.

They obviously didn't test it with FabricLive.46 before launch hahahaha.

Reactions: Badger-a-s and ACWKGYTO
It is indeed.

Thats good, I know they tried to close it, most of the decent clubs up here in Manchester have gone.....I might have to take a trip down south !

Reactions: davc
I had a really annoying rattle in my drivers door but I was able to fix it myself. The door card is pretty easy to take off (there's a 'How to' on here somewhere, but I think it mistakenly says you need a Torx T30 driver, whereas it's T25 from memory). I found a loose screw around the door lock area and also put some self-adhesive foam on a couple of raised points that looked like they might have been hitting the door card. Perfect fix.

Reactions: richinsoton