Door seals--again

johnmv55

Reaction score
After putting my A3 in twice in one week for squeeky door/window seals, can any body tell me for sure if it is the door to car seal or the window
seals that makes the noise? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

I had something similar to that on my A3 (and a MK4 golf). It too sounded like it was coming from the upper door / window area.

Both times it was due to a poorly adjusted door catch fixing (the bit atached to the B pillar). I had the golf taken in especially for it - they fixed it straight away. Just lifted the door a little when it was closed.

The A3 I mentioned it at 1st service and they fixed it too via adjustment.

Thanks for that, they have had the car twice now, once for service, and could'nt find the squeeky door seals, noisy rear shocks, or poor idle, I demonstrated to them the noisy rear shocks, took the spark plugs out myself and got them to supply new one's ( thats a common fault sir was they're reply to inspecting the plugs, so why didn't you check them?) the door seals they have lubed more times than I can remember, I have now noticed they have damaged a rear wheel during the shock change, I have an appointment thursday with the service manager, I will NEVER buy another new Audi from them, mind you, the Audi bit is doubtfull too at present, I just wish the piece of S*** would self ignite or something similar, I have been driving for 30plus years, never has a car/dealer given me this much trouble, in fact all the cars/dealers in the last 30 years added together haven't been this much trouble.

you have the same problems as me mate !

its a fecking nightmare at times !

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish the piece of S*** would self ignite or something similar

[/ QUOTE ]

Man,do I know how you feel !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Maybe we could have a GB (group burn)?

Like a stonehenge circle of burning audi's?

Cool.

All under warranty of course...

3rd visit now, this time an Audi supertech? or whatever took the car in the workshop for 1 1/2 hours, still noisey, reckon they will get the wheel repaired so I can't tell, the difference between me telling or not is the difference between me buying my next Audi (IF I do) from them or elsewhere, I must admit I like Audi BUT I am looking elsewhere now, just totally p****d off with it, I wish I had never bought this car, A Ford Focus IS a better car.