Door Seals

David_B9

Reaction score
Hi
I have a 190 B9 Quattro S-Tronic and have noticed that there is a fair bit of outside noise coming into the cabin, could it be the door seals are not aligned correctly?

Dave

Where's the noise actually coming from and what type of noise, eg. tyres, wind? Mine is the quietest car I've driven..

My experience too, cuke. When we pulled away on the test drive I couldn't believe how quiet it was. (And smooth too, for that matter)

Which is quite an achievement (if you've got a TDI) because with the windows down it's actually surprisingly noisy

Don't think mine is very quiet. I get a lot of road noise on the motorway - so much that I thought the door wasn't shut properly.

Mine is mainly road noise through the tyres - it is not bad though, and I know that is dependant on the tyre too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's dependent upon the tyres but very dependent upon the road surface which no amount of sound proofing can always reduce. Compared to my A3 the A4 is ultra quiet...

When I went on a test drive... I sat in the back before I got a go.. and heard a terrible road noise. I asked the dealership lady who was driving me out if it showed the rear door open. She said no. When we stopped, opened the door and it was ajar. So it seems there's a way to close the door enough so it registered shut but not to sound the "alarm".

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Agreed, and the A3 with the 1.4 cod engine was noted for its refinement and lack of noise. I can't hear the engine at all on my A4 and the acoustic front windows make any noises outside the car non-existent, I tried having a conversation with myneighbour with the windows up and I couldn't hear a word he was saying...

I find the complete opposite - my A3 was ridiculously noisy, mostly tyre noise. The A4 is silent in comparison. What tyres did your A3 have on them?

I think they were Pirelli tyres. The A4 has Hankook.

Fair enough if those are the same tyres. My sister had some on her Golf and they were garbage so guessing YMMV.