Door Trim coming away

Mart

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

The black door tim on the side of the passenger's door, has started to come off the car, doesn't seem to clip back on again.

Is this easy to fix / replace??

Thanks for any help

I think these are not that expensive to buy.

The one on my drivers door could do with being replaced as well. Think the metal in them begins to snap inside the rubber. To take off its easy, you just pull them to the side. My drivers one i needed to pull towards the rear of the car.

On the rear doors on mine pre face lift there are is a screw holding the trim to the door on the side nearest the front of the car.

So if your on the drivers side with the door wide open the wee screw is on the bottom left corner. The bit it goes into in the trim can end up spinning in the trim hence the bolt wont unscrew so you may need to drill it out as i did.
2 min job to replace. Think i got my trim from Audi for less than a tenner if i remember correctly.

That's great news. Just what I wanted to hear Thanks! :)

The rubber trims as already mentioned are cheap enough from an Audi stealer, what is worth doing though is buying a few spares of the plastic clips that hold these trims onto the door.If these clips become worn or damaged they won't hold the new trim tight against the door and it can look untidy; I bought a handful of spare clips when changing my door trims and ended up using most of them................

Nessy said:
The rubber trims as already mentioned are cheap enough from an Audi stealer, what is worth doing though is buying a few spares of the plastic clips that hold these trims onto the door.If these clips become worn or damaged they won't hold the new trim tight against the door and it can look untidy; I bought a handful of spare clips when changing my door trims and ended up using most of them................

How do you take the old plastic trim holders off?

I think I will order a new drivers door one today as looks tatty.

Cheers.

Soupie69uk said:
How do you take the old plastic trim holders off?

I think I will order a new drivers door one today as looks tatty.

Cheers.

I think the clips are a 90 degree turn then pull-out, if not then something very similar (and easy!), did the job about 18 months ago so memory a little hazy!!!