Door warning lights retro fit not working

v4rley

Reaction score
im trying to retrofit door warning lights, I have piggybacked the earth in pin 21. But not getting any luck with power, I have tried both pin 13 & 17 but nothing. I’m on a 08 plate with date of March 08 on the controller. I have tried unplugging the harness from the body of the car and also leaving the car but still no luck

Is the any other process i can try to see what’s not right

im trying to retrofit door warning lights, I have piggybacked the earth in pin 21. But not getting any luck with power, I have tried both pin 13 & 17 but nothing. I’m on a 08 plate with date of March 08 on the controller. I have tried unplugging the harness from the body of the car and also leaving the car but still no luck

Is the any other process i can try to see what’s not right
Is this the same for ever door ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Have only focused on the front passenger so far as had the door card off for replacing the window switch.

I have check the lights / loom on a 12v source so know they are good. Some post about suggest it can take several hours for the door cotroller to reconfigure

Have only focused on the front passenger so far as had the door card off for replacing the window switch.

I have check the lights / loom on a 12v source so know they are good. Some post about suggest it can take several hours for the door cotroller to reconfigure
Yep I've only door back door so far and work straight away but have heard disconnecting battery for 10mins works for some

Ha ok, I have just checked now and still no joy. I’ll have a bash at the rears tomorrow and see if any better look there!

Let me know when you attempt your fronts, you post 07?

Ha ok, I have just checked now and still no joy. I’ll have a bash at the rears tomorrow and see if any better look there!

Let me know when you attempt your fronts, you post 07?
Na 56 mate can't beaming any different tho

Are you referring to the door warning in the DIS?

I assumed this was standard on the B7. It’s certainly on all B6 A4’s I’ve owned, and on my current B7.

I don’t know whether this is linked or not but when I retrofitted mine to my Avant the door lights worked but the mirror control ceased working!

For some reason on mine where the earth pins were shared in the plug this happened but when earthed away from the pin everything worked!

Might be worth trying earthing away from the pin to trial it?

Yeah I’ll give another earth location a try, just a bit tedious as have tried everything several times, flicking between pin 13 / 17 for the positive but still no joy

Hi I really struggled with my door lights and foot well lights could not get it to work off module whatever I tried in end I ran door and foot well light off door switch door open lights on door closed lights off
Good luck in getting sorted they look good oh my car was a B7 05 plate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apologies for repeating the same question.

Is this the door status warning that shows up on the instrument cluster DIS / centre LCD screen?

^^no

It’s to retro fit door warning lights into the door card. From factory they are only reflectors

Is this the red warning light on the leading edge of each door card, visible with the doors open?

Still on joy with the front, but got the rears working. Needless to say I need to get the fronts figured before I cut the rears in as that would look a bit silly

Going out now to try with a different earth point

Still on joy with the front, but got the rears working. Needless to say I need to get the fronts figured before I cut the rears in as that would look a bit silly

Going out now to try with a different earth point
Not sure if this is any help but this is the guide I'm using can't up load if u pm me your mob number I can WhatsApp you all the pic

Cheers all managed to make good progress! So actually layed on the floor and looked at the pins on the controller and there wasn’t present in 17 (guide said post 07 would use 17 not 13) anyway that was the positive sorted.

I then ran a wire from the battery for a ground a know good one and all good working fine, I going to find a good ground on the door itself.

Thanks for your help and support
Time to get dremeling and soldering

Reactions: martin1984 and Paul battams
Well done it’s frustrating but the time and effort is all worth it in the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes exactly, think getting the rears working was the drive I needed to get the front sorted. Now to get them all wired in